Eos Real Estate Management Group Leasing Consultant in Westmont, Illinois
The purpose of the Leasing Professional is to lease apartments, retain residents through customer service, and handle administrative and financial responsibilities for their assigned community.
Essential Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):I. Leasing Responsibilities
· Receive incoming phone calls from prospects in a professional and welcoming manner and entice them to visit the community.
· Check the answering service for messages and follow up on all messages, as necessary.
· Visually inspect entire property (office, models, compactor, vacant units and amenity areas) daily for cleanliness and overall appearance. This can include, but is not limited to, picking up trash off the ground, operating the trash compactor, carrying cleaning supplies and / or vacuum up or down stairs to apartment homes, as well as cleaning apartments to bring to resident ready standards.
· Lease apartments to qualified prospects.
· Schedule move-ins in such a way as to minimize rent loss.
· Escort a future resident to an apartment home and to all amenity areas.
· Drive a golf cart or walk with prospects.
· Prepare all paperwork needed before submitting lease files for verification.
· Verify applications and process files quickly through phone calls and correspondence. Submit to manager for approval.
· Set up file for move-in.
· Turn in traffic and phone recap weekly to Leasing Manager.
· Follow up with each visitor within 24 hours via personal phone call and send a personal note/email for them to receive within seven days of their visit.II. Customer Service Responsibilities
· Communicate clearly to residents, both verbally and in writing, using proper grammar and spelling.
· Read and/or listen to resident requests/complaints.
· Receive resident complaints in a calm and open manner.
· Attempt to resolve problems quickly.
· Carry and deliver flowers, newsletters, correspondence, etc. to residents' apartments when necessary.
· Coordinate, set up, attend and clean up after resident functions (food, tables, display areas etc.).
· Use effective negotiation tactics to retain residents in order to renew lease terms.
· Prepare monthly community newsletter for residents.
III. General Office/Administrative Responsibilities
· Assume responsibility for taking the appropriate actions in community director’s absence. Document all occurrences which need the community director’s attention and immediately contact your Regional Director or other Executive Management regarding any emergencies.
· Conduct move-in, move-out and turnkey inspections and follow through with any concerns.
· Maintain key closet procedures to ensure proper control of access and security on the property.
· Schedule and inspect apartments for turnkey service.
· Receive and acknowledge resident notices and prepare files.
· Assist in lease renewal procedure by:
o Completing lease renewal printout and submitting to director for approval.
o Contacting each resident by phone prior to 75 days before the end of their initial term.
o Sending renewal letters to those residents you are unable to reach by phone.
o Typing new leases.
o Following up on any promises made at time of renewal.
· Assemble move-in packages.
· Keep all filing current.
· Operate office alarm system in conjunction with opening and closing the office.
· Deliver thorough move-in presentation to new residents.
· Calculate daily rent, prorate charges, late fees and percentages.
· Write up all maintenance requests, upon receipt.
Special Skills Required
· Ability to effectively communicate with people
· Ability to maintain a professional image
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong verbal skills
· Excellent customer service orientation
· Assertive attitude
· Ability to effectively "close" a sale
· Must take and pass drug screening test
· No special knowledge is required. This is an entry level position in the property management field.