AMETEK, Inc. Repair Technician II in Waukegan, Illinois
Repair Technician II
Functional Area:Product Services
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:3 - 5 Years
Hours of Work:
Location:US - Illinois - Waukegan
Division:AHV - Power Systems & Instruments
Education Required:Associates Degree
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
AMETEK Powervar is a global provider of power management and facility automation solutions, headquartered in Waukegan, Illinois, with international sales and service offices in the United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Germany. AMETEK Powervar is the first choice in power protection and energy management. Every piece of electronic equipment in the world works better and more dependably when it’s protected from spikes, blackouts, electrical noise, common-mode voltage and other power protection challenges. That’s why AMETEK POWERVAR builds power solutions for virtually every place on earth.
The Service/Repair Tech II is responsible for servicing customers through in house and on-site evaluation, troubleshooting, and repair efforts on a variety power conditioning and uninterruptible power supply systems and related products [Products].
• Ability to understand a variety of instructions in written and or oral form
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Demonstrate a mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
• Ability to effectively speak, write, and read English
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Demonstrate aptitude with electronics test equipment including digital multi-meters, current probes and oscilloscopes as well as hand operated and hand held power tools.
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical/electrical drawings, schematics, bills of material, as well as follow work instructions and test procedures
• Experience working with voltages above 120 VAC
• Ability to use basic business software including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Troubleshoot and evaluate returned manufactured and distributed products and applicable electronic circuitry
• Travel to customer sites for service as required and on occasion with less than 24 hours’ notice, or for extended periods of time
• Identify and summarize failure modes for quality and engineering purposes
• Perform telephone technical support and issue return authorization when necessary
• Document actions by completing necessary service forms
• Meet service repair goals on a periodic basis
• Must be able to work overtime when warranted
Two-year Associate Degree in Electronics, or equivalent training and/or on the job experience
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and make fine discriminations in sound.
Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the individual(s) with this job description. The individual(s) maybe called upon and required to follow other instructions or perform other duties/responsibilities requested by his/her manager, consistent with the purpose of the position, department and/or company objectives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.