Abbott Production Supervisor (Nights) in Waukegan, Illinois
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Production Supervisor (Front Line Leaders) is within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets business unit located at Gurnee, Illinois. In this role you will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of workers engaged in a variety of production processes, including but not limited to, operating variety of machines to manufacture parts or products by performing the following duties.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
• Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create schedules that meet both internal and external production needs such as the planning production build plan.
• Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from storage area.
• Approves work and gives area clearances. Creates SOPs, batch records etc.
• Interprets SOPs, specifications, templates, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
• Plans flow of materials through department and develops physical layout of processes.
• Interfaces with others in the departments to ensure customer deadlines are met.
• Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
• Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards.
• Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Maintains time and production records.
• Assists in developing capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
• Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
• Directly supervises employees in the Production Department, nights or days. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Technical College or University Program Certificate; or2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination ofeducation and experience.
3+ years’ experience in a lead or supervisory role.
- Bachelors’ Degree inManufacturing, Business Administration, Engineering, or related technicalfield.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abbott Jobs