Cigna Solution Designer and Innovation Lead - Senior Advisor (Remote, Work at Home US) in Virtual, Illinois
The Solution Designer and Innovation Lead - Senior Advisor will be an integral member of the team within the Evernorth Innovation organization that is responsible for helping to create new and compelling solutions for existing and potential customers, clients, providers, and other key stakeholders by uniquely delivering against their needs, wants, and desires. Collectively, this team uses a multi-disciplined approach for building deep human understanding and then translates this knowledge into meaningful and differentiated new strategic business opportunities. This role will partner with others on the team as well as with cross-functional teams and external partners to turn insights and data into business opportunities. This role will also translate ideas and concepts into in-market and operational realities. This role requires flexibility in thinking, the willingness to take on different roles at different times, and the ability to work across a range of teams, functional areas, and systems to ensure success.
The Solution Designer and Innovation Lead - Senior Advisor will be responsible for:
• Applying a wide array of human-centered design tools, techniques, and methods throughout the design and development cycle that support the exploration and evaluation of a broad range of concepts and solutions, with the ability to gain deep understanding of users and facilitate multi-disciplinary workshops and ideation sessions.
• Bringing emerging concepts to life through visual designs (e.g. sketches, illustrations, computer renderings, workflows, … ), prototypes (e.g. paper, click-thru, video, …), and / or other methods that communicate the idea in a compelling way to test and optimize solutions with customers, providers, and other external stakeholders, as well as inspiring internal partners across the organization.
• Connecting the up-front Discovery Phase with the back-end Execution Phase of the innovation process by driving concepts from ideation to developing them into tangible testable prototypes to validate with stakeholders. Collaborating with internal partners to develop the initial set up and provide guidance and support throughout initial testing.
• Aiding in the identification and development of test & learn pilots and/or qualitative/quantitative research that validates new concepts with targeted end users. Includes guiding further concept iterations based on results, documenting detailed design criteria of validated solutions, and supporting the development of specific business cases to secure appropriate approvals and funding for full-scale development.
• Managing external vendor relationships and internal partner relationships throughout projects, from scoping through execution.
• Partnering with other members of the Innovation team to facilitate the adoption of human-centered design and design thinking as an organizational competency.
• Enabling and supporting a culture of innovation across the organization through effective process development, project management and use of facilitation / soft skills, particularly within established teams driving innovation activities.
• Participating in a lead role on cross-functional innovation activities; managing meetings with teams of leaders to ensure needs are being met on time, on budget, and with high quality.
• Being an active, engaged, and proactive member of the Innovation working team.
Ideal candidates will offer the following:
• An intellectual curiosity, be enterprising by nature, and blend ingenuity with business acumen.
• A strong bias for action.
• Extensive experience leading design thinking programs and workshops, especially with complex service based solutions
• A broad understanding of the health care industry, enabling an ability to convey and align others around solutions
• Experience leading work efforts to take ideas/concepts to proof of concept/pilots
• Experience with diverse teams. Experience with geographically dispersed teams is a plus.
• A belief in the power of teamwork and diverse thinking where collaboration is considered a must for delivering the greatest success.
• An open mind, a positive attitude, and a sense of humor.
Qualifications should include:
• A professional history that illustrates an ability to overcome challenges and deliver
• Bachelor degree in a design discipline (e.g. communication, UX, product,), engineering, or social science, advanced degree in Human Centered Design preferred. Or extensive experience commensurate with a post-graduate degree.
• 7+ years leading innovation or design projects
• Preferred experience in health care industry, experience in a product or innovation organization a plus
• Verbal and visual presentation skills on par with what is expected for presentations to senior leaders.
• The ability to influence others through data, negotiation, and presentation
• The ability to manage multiple projects to schedule and within budget.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
- Cigna Jobs