Aerotek Senior Automation Engineer in Vernon Hills, Illinois
As a Senior Automation Engineer you will:
• Develop and track project program & engineering resource requirements including design, installation and commissioning tasks. Report to the Project Manager for project & program related tasks including budget control, progress reports & forecasting.
• Interface with account managers and customers to assess the customer requirements and thereby create cost effective quotations.
• Analyze, design, develop, and implement an automation solution including database, reports, HMI and PLC programs to meet project requirements.
• Configure control system including PLC and the HMI/SCADA system.
• Finalize automation options such as distributed I/O and/or control field bus networks, etc.
• Design, test and configure control panels, motor control centers, Ethernet networks, ASI networks, and pneumatic circuits, for automation systems.
• Development electrical single line diagrams and schematics as required.
• Configure valve tops, variable frequency drives and motor starters.
• Ensure all automation designs implemented comply with UL508A, Code of Practice, Client Electrical Standards and any other regulatory requirements.
• Participating in design reviews and safety risk assessments.
• Manage automation activities on site for installation, commissioning and performance testing phases.
• Commission food processing automation systems.
• Conduct automation training for customer personnel on the installed systems
Allen-bradley, Automation, Project management, Programming, factorytalk, hmi programming, hmi development, commissioning, food industry, process engineering, voltage regulation, control panel, plc programming, plc troubleshooting
Top Skills Details:
Someone who has run projects & has good proficient in factory talk
Develop single lines diagram
Commissioning 600 VAC
CONTROL PANEL DESIGN
CONFIGURE PLC HMI / electrical standard
Process background - chemicals ideally not packaging more machines
Tanks, pipes, transmitters, levels, heating
Looking for someone who led the project automation scope dealing with specifying and ordering control panels, MCCs and other control hardware/software. Also, the power knowledge is for 600 VAC and lower.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field, and 5 years of experience with processing area automation systems required.
• High proficiency with Tetra Pak PlantMaster PLC and HMI programming required.
• Proficiency with FactoryTalk View SE HMI development preferred.
• Working knowledge of ISA-S88 and S95 preferred.
• Previous experience in the food or dairy industry required preferred.
• Experience with Servers, Visual Basic, SQL databases, Virtual Machines & VMware preferred.
• Working experience with Microsoft Office required.
• Good level of design skill and troubleshooting capability of electrical (up to 600 VAC) and pneumatic systems required.
• Strong, positive oral & written communication skills both internally & with customers required.
• Willingness to travel up to 35% to customer sites in the U.S. and Canada for start-up/commissioning required.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs