Eurofins Analyst I Organic Extractions - 743999716779535-2643 in University Park, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/7588566 Company Description
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 4.56 billion Euros, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins Test America is searching for an Analyst I Organic Extractions in University Park, IL.
The Analyst I Organic Extractions prepare and analyze environmental samples using standard analytical techniques according to scientific and EPA methodology in compliance with Eurofins Eurofins Eurofins TestAmerica's Quality Assurance programs and SOP's.
n Analyst I Organic Extractions r esponsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following : n
• Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
• Regular attendance and punctuality
• Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
• Performs routine lab tasks that provide experience and familiarization with methods, practices, and programs. These include:
o Preparation of samples using standard techniques
o Performing chemical analysis using standard techniques
o Calculating data
o Recording and reporting data and any unusual test occurrences to the supervisor
o Performing routine instrument maintenance
• Responsible for performing job functions in compliance with Eurofins TestAmerica's EHS and QA standards
• Responsible for general housekeeping in his/her work area
• Ability to become trained and competent on complex instrumentation including but not limited to gas chromatography, gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, atomic absorption, ICP, and instrument specific data systems.
• Works under close supervision using routine and standard methods
• Aliquots and weighs samples
• Washes glassware
• Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
• Performs other duties as assigned
n The ideal candidate would possess n: n
• Ability to use calculator/mathematical formulas and concepts
• Ability to complete work within time and quality constraints
• Can work independently following written or verbal instructions
• Cooperate and coordinate both orally and in writing
• Able to follow and learn appropriate protocols in one or more of the following disciplines:
o Organic preparation
o Metals preparation and analysis
o Gas Chromatography
o Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
o Radio Chemistry
o Wet Chemistry
o High Resolution preparation and analysis
o Low Resolution preparation and analysis
Position is full-time, varying schedules, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of University Park, IL are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
n Basic Minimum Qualifications n: n
• BS or BA in chemistry or related field; 3 years laboratory experience may substitute for degree.
• Laboratory experience is a plus
• Previous production-oriented work helpful (awareness and ability to meet deadlines)
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
nEurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. n