Capital One Senior Software Engineer | Java | AWS in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Atrium (35004), United States of America, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer | Java | AWS
We’re seeking talented, hands-on, engineering leaders to modernize one of the most critical systems in Capital One’s US Card Business. As a Capital One Senior Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, Spring Framework/Modules, functional programming, REST, JSON, Databases (relational or NoSQL), Maven and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure, to name a few.
What you’ll do:
• Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
• Continuously improve software engineering practices
• Work closely with our Architects, Engineers, Product Owners and Application Leads to engineer and build automated solutions
• Develop procedures to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments) using Jenkins, Git, Docker, Chef, Cloud formation etc.
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
• Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
• Bachelor’s degree or military experience
• At least 3 years of experience in Application Development
• At least 3 years of experience coding in Java
• At least 2 year of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring or Jersey
• At least 1 year of experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience in CI/CD/CT technologies like GitHub, Chef, Artifactory, Bamboo, Hudson/Jenkins, Atlas, Cucumber
• Experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, Spring Framework/Modules, functional programming, REST, JSON, Databases (relational or NoSQL), Maven and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure.
• Experience of automation testing
• Experience with DROOLS
• 4+ years of experience programming in Java Application Development
• 4+ years of experience using RESTFUL APIs, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate
• 2+ years of experience with one of the following Web services like SOAP, REST and JSON and database technologies (MySQL, SQL)
• 1+ years experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.