UnityPoint Health Paramedic in Rock Island, Illinois
The Paramedic provides comprehensive, compassionate and quality care for patients in the Emergency Department. Care is provided in conjunction with, and under the direction of the ED nurse and/ or ED physician. Promotes a positive image of UnityPoint Health. Successful performance contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, quality patient/family care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
• Administers care to ill or injured patients in the hospital environment according to established standards of care, protocols and/ or physician orders under the direction of the ED nurse and / or ED physician within Trinity’s policies, legal limitations, and paramedic scope of practice.
• Completes documentation to assure an accurate record of patient’s care.
• Demonstrates professional development by keeping abreast of current practice standards in emergency medical services, as well as the hospital setting.
• Utilizes a holistic approach (considering physical, psycho/social, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area.
• Interacts effectively, confidentially, and cooperatively with patient, families, physicians, and pre-hospital, and hospital personnel regarding patient care.
• Works collaboratively and cooperatively with the ED team by balancing team and individual responsibilities, being objective and open to other’s view, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to positive team goals, puts success of team above own interest.
• Maintain ED equipment and supplies in state of readiness.
• Presents positive image of the Emergency Department and Trinity Quad Cities.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately. 90%
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
• Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
• Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
• Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
• Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
Foster Unity: • Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
• Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
• Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
• Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
• Enthusiastically engage in our work.
• Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
• Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
Champion Excellence: • Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
• Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
• Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
Seize Opportunities: • Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
• Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
• Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Requisition ID: 2020-80567
Street: 2701 17th St
Name: 6020 UnityPoint Health QC Trinity
Name: ED- RI
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 36 hours/week, 3rd shift, 7:30am-8:00am, weekend rotation, Rock Island Campus
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org