UnityPoint Health Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist in Rock Island, Illinois
The part time second shift Rehabilitative Services Associate (RSA) is indirectly supervised by the Clinical Manager, Community Support Program and provides care to clients utilizing the Robert Young Center principles of Trauma Informed Care. The RSA provides case management services to severely mentally ill adults in the group home setting and in the community, and manages care under the direct supervision of the Residential Team Leader. These services include but are not limited to assessments, treatment planning, supportive counseling and linkage with various community resources. The RSA provides crisis intervention, maintain accurate clinical documentation, and demonstrate Trinity’s principles and values when interacting with clients, families, visitors, physicians and coworkers.
Assures that all clients receive clinically sound triage/referral and ongoing consumer services for behavioral health needs.
· Assists in completing functional assessments and provides input into the treatment planning process.
· Monitors the activities of residents, then reports and documents changes in behavior and/or changes in symptoms.
· Coordinates the transportation needs of the residents and provides transportation when needed.
· Accountable for supervised and supported residences’ being clean and free of safety hazards and reports problems using the chain of command.
· Evaluate the client’s treatment plan through follow-up assessment and recommends adjustments based on clinical findings.
· Identifies available support systems to meet the needs of each individual client.
· Delivers high quality care appropriate to the age and educational level of the client.
· Responds to crises situations by providing direction, recommendations, and crises intervention.
· Maintains accurate, concise, current clinical documentation. This includes but is not limited to all phone conversations, requests from the client, changes in the clinical conditions and all consultations with team members.
· Integrates ethical principles, evidence based practice, and research findings into all areas of practice.
· Establishes and maintains good working relationships with the medical, educational, and the social services community.
· Utilizes a holistic approach to determine teaching methods appropriate to the individual client.
· Provides psycho-education to clients and families regarding their illness, medications, and/or treatment plan to supplement information provided by health care professionals.
· Teaches and assists with activities of daily living in home and in the community.
· Evaluate the client’s understanding of information provided and ability to follow through.
Preferred or Specialized
Requires a high school diploma or GED
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field
Eligibility as a Rehabilitative Services Associate (RSA) as determined by the Illinois Register Department of Healthcare and Family Services 89 Ill. Adm. Code 140 by at least one of the following qualifications:
Any individual who is 21 years of age and demonstrates all of the following:
Skill in the delivery of rehabilitative services to adults or children;
The ability to work within a provider agency's structure and accept supervision; and
The ability to work constructively with individuals receiving services, other providers of service, and the community; or
· Two years supervised experience in mental health or human services.
· Five years documented clinical experience in mental health or human services
License(s)/Certification(s):· Valid driver’s license. · Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 6 months of hire · Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training within 6 months of hire.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:· Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to a wide range of client situations. · Able to accurately collect and assess information, understand ethical standards of behavioral healthcare, and utilize teaching/learning theories.
· Demonstrated excellent communication skills (orally and in writing) and presents self in a professional manner.
· Able to establish effective consultative relationship with health care providers, outside agencies, co-workers, and the community.
· Able to work sensitively with clients.
· Able to handle multiple priorities, maintain composure under stress, and adapt to a fast paced changing environment.
· Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) applications
Requisition ID: 2021-89535
Street: 2200 3rd Ave
Name: 6020 UnityPoint Health QC Trinity
Name: Group Homes- RYC
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 2nd shift 3pm-11pm
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org