Aerotek Tooling Design Engineer in Pontiac, Illinois
Aerotek/EASi Engineering is hiring a Tooling Design Engineer to support a customer in Pontiac, Illinois. We are seeking a Tooling Designer with a strong experience in assembly and machining - mills, lathes, grinding.
○ Tool Design for small components using Creo.
○ Designing new clamps/fixtures for both machining and assembly.
○ Design of medium sized fixtures to hold components for drilling/grinding/machining.
○ Design of fixtures to hold components for 5-8 parts to be assembled.
○ Design 3D printed small tools:
○ For larger fixtures, will coordinate with suppliers to order fixtures.
○ Will get quotes from 3 suppliers typically.
tooling, manufacturing engineering, fixture design, gauge, creo, siemens nx, reverse engineering, shop floor
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
○ Bachelor's degree in manufacturing/mechanical engineering preferred (experience without degree considered as well)
○ 3+ years of tooling/fixture design experience
○ Experience with Creo preferred (other 3D CAD software will be considered)
○ Experience with 3D printing preferred
○ Knowledge of machining/assembly processes
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services.
Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs