UnityPoint Health Radiology Technologist II-Proctor in Peoria, Illinois
Position: Radiology Technologist
Shift: As needed
Hours per week: As needed
To perform routine and specialized diagnostic radiological procedures for patients of all ages in order to confirm or deny required treatment. This requires independent judgment to adapt procedures to obtain specific diagnostic results under the direction of a Radiologist.
About UnityPoint Health:
Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of “Best outcome every patient every time” through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation’s fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.
Want to know about our culture and benefits? Click here to find out more: https://uphtotalrewards.com/.
Performs radiologic diagnostic procedures in a manner that ensures an accurate and complete examination within the guidelines, policies, procedures and standards of medical imaging
· Exhibits competency and is the resource person to staff when performing radiographic procedures
· Knowledgeable about views required for each exam enhancing image quality through the use of appropriate filters, collimation, markers and patient identification
· Maintains quality care throughout the procedure, making patient as comfortable as possible, practicing radiation protection through shielding and collimation whenever possible
· Proper care of the patient is efficient and expedient
· Maintains expert working knowledge of equipment and resource person for troubleshooting
· Maintains clean work area, checks and stocks all supplies in their specific area and verifies pertinent accessories to that room
· Performs lab testing as appropriate
- Performs support functions of the medical imaging department to ensure patient expectations and needs are met.
· Promptly and accurately processes and prepares images and paper work to ensure timely turn around in providing a report
· Maintains and coordinates patient flow to ensure efficient and expedient patient care assisting in patient transport to and from the department as required
· Promptly and accurately enters patient information into HIS system and accurately completes all fields in the HIS Radiant, PACS i.e. number of images repeated, contrast reaction, exam data entry, start and stop times of exam to ensure efficient patient throughput
· Maintains and ensures a safe environment for patients and personnel and maintenance of the QA, QC, QI programs
Employee Development/Clinical Excellence
- Assumes personal responsibility for training fellow technologists/students and uses time, supplies and other resources productively to promote responsive and cost-effective care for outpatients. Displays leadership skills in their daily process.
Share knowledge, guides, and encourages participation from fellow technologists/students with proper department protocol and procedures
Displays a professional attitude in the area toward fellow technologists/students, fostering mutual respect and creating a productive learning environment
Completes care while conserving resources preventing waste of supplies, and looking for cost effective alternatives
Completes work within assigned shift using slow time to improve area appearance and accept additional assignments such as cassette cleaning, apron testing and film file duties
Provides input on the evaluation of staff
Participates in the Quality Improvement process
Leads in development of teamwork of staff to ensure efficient and appropriate patient care
Networks with other professionals regionally
Demonstrates ability to multitask to assist with workflow
Develops new processes utilizing creative ideas for a dynamic environment
Assists in achieving competencies
Maintains a current knowledge by keeping abreast of trends in new processes and procedures
Follows up on concerns/problems as needed
Display a professional attitude in order to foster mutual respect and creating a productive learning environment
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Completion of an accredited Radiography program and must have proof of graduation/completion within 60 days of start date
Associate’s degree in the field of Radiologic technology or certificate in Radiology preferred
1-3 years of experience in/with problem-solving skills, the ability to set priorities, organize work and have excellent interpersonal skills. Flexibility and the ability to work well with other is required
ARRT-registered in Radiologic Technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist and must have documentation of this registry at the time of employment.
IEMA-licensed by the State of Illinois and must present this documentation at the time of hire
May submit documentation of a “10 day letter” provided by IEMA until IEMA licensure is received by the employee at which point is to be turned into Educator of department
CPR-documentation at time of hire or obtain certification within 90 days of hire
· Basic reading, writing, oral English skills
· Multicultural sensitivity
· Customer/patient focused
· Basic computer knowledge
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisions
· Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker
· Interaction with a wide variety of people
· Maintain confidential information
· Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
· Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities
Requisition ID: 2021-87428
Street: 5409 N Knoxville Ave
Name: 51 UPH Proctor
Name: Diagnostic Imaging
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: PRN - As Needed, All Shifts.
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org