UnityPoint Health Case Manager - Grant for Pregnant & Post-Partum Women in Peoria, Illinois
To provide case management services to the inpatient unit -facilitating the delivery of appropriate, cost-effective, and clinically effective services across the continuum of care
Collaborates with the post-partum team and the other members of the health care team to facilitate coordination of care.
· Reviews all admissions immediately following the admission and no later than the next business day after the admission to determine the appropriateness of the admission.
· Discusses admissions deemed inappropriate with the attending psychiatrist
· Coordinates referrals to the most appropriate level of care in collaboration with the on-call psychiatrist/attending physician and the treatment team.
· Coordinates transfer of patients as needed
· Reviews all patients' records a minimum of every two days to determine appropriateness of the level of care
· Convenes and facilitates interdisciplinary treatment conferences (clinical staffing) within 72 hours of admission and at least twice a week to review patient's progress, revise plans of care as necessary, and to plan for discharge.
· Collaborates with the assigned Mental Health Clinician to assure the scheduling, and facilitation of community, DCFS, and back to work/school conferences.
· Maintains a working knowledge of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorder (DSMIV) and the current Illinois Department of Human Services' Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Code and Confidentiality Act.
· Maintains current knowledge of standard evidence-based treatments for major mental/emotional/behavioral diagnoses common to children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
- Works in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team to coordinate the development and implementation of the treatment and discharge plan for patient; and works in collaboration with the community resources.
· Ensuring appropriate problems, interventions and goals are identified and for the ongoing review/update of the interdisciplinary plan of care for each patient.
· Discusses each case with the care team and documents agreed upon outcome criteria.
· On an ongoing basis the case manager coordinates the treatment planning process with the appropriate members of the patients care team, assuring the inclusion of their input in the plan of care.
· Maintains communication to ensure timely and comprehensive transmission of information throughout the continuum of care.
· Coordinates the discharge planning process with the psychiatrist, primary nursing staff, mental health clinician as soon after admission as is clinically appropriate.
· Refers patients in need of special placement such as nursing home, residential and supervised housing to the mental health clinician and assists in the process as needed.
· Monitors interdisciplinary team compliance and adherence to the developed plan of care
- Identifies and utilizes opportunities to assure that the appropriate care is obtained for the care rendered to the patient.
· Communicates with identified resources in the community.
· Reviews charts frequently to determine that documentation is adequately reflecting the care given, there is documentation of progress or lack of progress towards goals, barriers and ways to resolve are identified, as well as the need for continuation of treatment.
· Identifies patients who are not making progress or whose need for continuation of treatment cannot be documented, discusses these cases with the psychiatrist and the team and facilitates transfer or discharge to an appropriate level if necessary.
· Serves as a liaison between services.
· Maintains and updates knowledge of community resources.
Assists in quality improvement processes.
· Collects data on care factors (including outcome measurements), assists in the analysis, generates regular reports as requested.
· Completes chart reviews as assigned in a timely and complete manner.
· Participates in the design and revisions of documentation forms, clinical pathways (care paths), and other quality improvement processes to ensure attainment of outcomes in a cost-effective manner.
· Monitors resource consumption with special emphasis on ancillary services after determining appropriate resource allocation indicators.
· Assists the care team in determining the necessity of service, impact of services on problems leading to admission, alternative/more cost-effective services, or postponing service until after discharge-collects data on physician patterns as requested.
· Assists in identifying and decreasing unnecessary ancillary services.
Bachelors in Counseling, Psychology, Sociology or related field.
1-3 years of experience in working with SUD
1-3 years of experience working with pregnant/post-partum women
Valid Drivers License
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email, and web browser.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Advanced reading, writing and oral skills
Ability to utilize PC including, basic elements of Windows environment, keyboarding, work with mouse, and perform basic computer tasks with instruction.
Requisition ID: 2020-79320
Street: 221 NE Glen Oak Ave
Name: 5020 UnityPoint Health Methodist Medical Center
Name: Shared Services - HSC
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 1st Shift
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org