Peace Village Receptionist in Palos Park, Illinois
Part Time Position:
Peace Village was named a Great Place to Work for the Second Year in a Row!
The primary objective of this position will be to represent Peace Village and Circle Inn as the initial contact with phone callers and visitors, and responsible for projecting a professional, helpful image and supporting the mission of Peace Village and Circle Inn. This is accomplished by planning, organizing and functioning as part of the organization’s Reception Department team. The incumbent takes phone messages for Peace Village and Circle Inn departments, contacts/ responds to emergency services when necessary and monitors entry to the facility. The incumbent also maintains vital support to office to all departments, communicates and notifies Reception Supervisor of any changes with the reception desk scheduling, procedures and policies before taking any action on matters. The incumbent also communicates resident’s confidential issues and information with the Reception Supervisor.:
Primary Job Duties:
- The Receptionist answers reception area incoming calls, takes messages for staff and residents. Manages tray services and guest reservations. Receives requests and complaints of residents and relays to the proper department. Provides direction to residents and visitors regarding procedures followed by Peace Village.
- Understands Peace Village and Circle Inn emergency procedures and adheres to them. Responds to residents/staff/visitors/building emergencies by following established procedures and policies including placing all appropriate phone calls for assistance/notification.
- Document responses to all emergencies and pertinent incidents. Monitors and responds appropriately to building alarm system/fire panel and follow through on emergency response procedures.
- Monitors entries, admits, greets, and directs visitors and maintain visitors log.
- Maintain and update resident information, i.e. hospital/contact/vacation/off campus etc.
- Adhere to reception desk procedures i.e. reads daily communication upon arrival of shift, assists in coordinating with the night shift to maximize efficiency.
- Prepare updates and distribute or post all necessary reception desk paper work, including but not limited to scheduling, communication book, telephone lists, instructional information, reports, etc. Update resident’s Medical files, resident’s staff and phone directories, etc.
- Prepares resident information i.e. move-ins, rolodex cards, mail labels, statement envelopes, medical files, etc.
- Provide office support, monitor in-house mail, sort/distribute U.S.Mail, Fed.Ex, UPS for residents and staff.
- Receive and log all resident prescriptions from multi sources.
- Assists with special projects and other duties as requested.
- Dresses accordingly to the receptionist dress code.
- Maintains orderly work area.
Exhibits appropriate behavior and appropriate conversation with staff and in front of residents and visitors. Qualifications and Experience:
A high school diploma or equivalent with prior reception/customer service experience.
- Previous assisted living industry-related experience is preferred.
- Skill and experience with computers/telephones/pagers and all other office equipment.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on clinical judgment, established guidelines and individual circumstances.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.
- Must be able to speak and understand English.
- Must be experienced with and sensitive to the needs of the elderly and enjoy working with them.
- An empathetic, caring and patient demeanor is critical in dealing with residents, their families, other personnel and visitors.
- The ability to deal with others in a diplomatic, tactful, and confidential manner is essential.
- Exhibits patience, diplomacy and consideration of management staff and employees of Peace Village.
- Ability to work as a team member and to interact appropriately with Administration and other Peace Village staff.
- Must possess developed organizational, telecommunication and personal skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability and desire for personal growth and knowledge relating to job responsibilities and required skills.
- Ability to motivate oneself and work independently.
- Production of a reasonable quantity and quality of work, including accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to respond to supervision, instruction and work direction from the Reception Supervisor in a timely manner.: