Woodward Inc SALES DIRECTOR (COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT) in Niles, Illinois
Reporting to the Vice President, the Sales Director is responsible for regional sales growth and profit for assigned sales offices and/or CBS locations. Serves as the strategic contact with foundational customers as well as the regional management team. Accountable for development and execution of regional sales plans and strategies that support company growth and profitability objectives.
- Leads and/or supervises the following functions in meeting regional, customer and sales objectives:
- Sales Support
- Engineering Support
- Demand Management
- Accountable for the disciplined use of account planning process and foundational customer direction.
- Accountable for the regional sales forecast for profit planning, quarterly updates and monthly demand management and execution thereof.
- Responsible for administering the Pricing Policy to ensure that pricing strategies achieve maximum margin, growth and financial targets.
- Reports performance results internally and to the customer.
- Accountable for proper negotiations of contracts to ensure compliance with the Contract Review Policy as well as corporate guidelines.
- Works closely with the product line managers to provide input to the development of new product strategies and roadmaps to meet customer requirements.
- Ensures sales strategies for new and existing products or services, aligned with product roadmaps.
- Reviews and approves significant customer proposals to ensure compliance with customer and Woodward needs.
- Develop and nurture top-level strategic relationships with customers.
- Represents the voice of the customer and is a key driver of regional strategic alignment.
- Works closely with other Sales Directors on global accounts.
- Manages internal/external customer/channel conflicts.
- Drives organization development and talent management actions within responsible department.
- Develops staffing strategies to meet business skill set needs.
- Mentors and provides career development for direct reports.
- Responsible for staffing and performance management or direct reports.
- Accountable for compliance or regulatory or customer specific requirements. (i.e., Import/Export, Licenses, Proprietary Information, FAA, IC, etc.).
- Develop and manage a departmental budget.
- Accountable for the development and monitoring of internal and external commissions agreements.
- Accountable for accounts receivables collection and monitoring/management of bad debt reserves.
- Responsible for warranty accrual review and administration.
- Reviews and analyzes financial statements on a regular basis.
- May lead and/or supervise general managers of sales and/or service facilities
- Engineering Support
- Demand Management
Materials and Equipment Used:
- General office equipment (computer, phone, fax, etc)
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- General office environment but may require visits to manufacturing environments
- Significant travel, including international
- Strong commercial skills including: selling process, pricing, costing, discount structures, terms and conditions, sales strategy development/execution, negotiating and sales proposal development.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of industrial engine, turbine or electrical power systems products/markets
- Strong leadership skills; ability to lead through other managers
- General management skills (financial, operations, human resource management, ...etc)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective relationship management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify and use available resources
- Able to work independently, self motivated
- Goal and results oriented
- Excellent presentation skills
- Solid understanding of business financial analysis
- Sounds judgement and decision making skills
- Ability to resolve complex customer issues
- May require multi-language capabilities.
- Verbal and written English is a basic requirement
- Product and application knowledge
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Able to lead and motivate direct reports
- Ability to adapt to different cultures
- Effective listening and strong collaboration skills
- High level or organizational savvy
- Ability to create and develop strategic plans, business proposals, and financial models
- Ability to drive execution of strategies
- Ability to manage through systems remotely
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or business discipline
- Masters of business administration preferred
- Additional formal training in specialized areas such as program management, negotiations and strategic selling a plus
- Six Sigma training, desired
- Minimum of 10 years progressive sales experience, preferably in an industrial engine, turbine or electrical power systems market.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Track record of results working for a multinational company (companies) with a diverse, global customer base
- Extensive experience working with a technical/engineered product serving complex accounts and channels
- Sales leadership with large-scale sales experience (i.e. $150M +) highly desired
- 3-5 years general management experience in product service related environment preferred
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR, or possess all required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State Department and the U.S. Department of Commerce. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Job: Sales Management
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Niles
Schedule: FULL TIME
Shift: 1st Shift / Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 8, 2019, 2:37:59 PM
Req ID: 1901712