YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago Youth Services Director, YMCA in Naperville, Illinois
The Indian Boundary and Fry Family YMCA is hiring a Youth Services Director!
The Youth Services Director is responsible for managing the daily operations of all youth programs. Other responsibilities include outreach to youth, teen leaders club, etc. Maintains a positive rapport and high level of customer experience for parents and families.This leadership role makes a lasting impact. This position is responsible for ensuring that assigned early learning and youth development programs, which may include summer day camp, drop-in childcare, before-and-after school care, aquatics and sports, and/or teen programming; meet program standards in accordance with all applicable licensing and funding requirements.
This role is also responsible for enhancing the member/participant experience and retention, optimizing program enrollment and revenue, and managing program budgets.
The Youth Services Director manages, leads, develops team members, and ensures a safe environment for all participants and staff for the Indian Boundary and Fry Family YMCA locations.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Oversees all aspects of onsite After school programming, Summer camp (traditional, specialty, makers lab, sports, and aquatics),Sports and Aquatics.
• Ensures all programs meet or exceed association safety standards regarding child safety.
• Directs the development and operations of assigned program areas. Focuses on growth, innovation, quality and new collaborations.
• Develops and manages the budgets related to programs.
• Leads all youth-focused programs and provides input into the overall youth strategy for the organization.
• Works in partnership with Learning & Evaluation to execute high-quality curriculum and experiential learning opportunities for youth.
• Directs and leads part-time staff to effectively execute programs.
• Maintains and keeps all required program documentation and certifications (ex: DCFS, ACA, etc.).
• Ensures the upkeep of program-related facilities and equipment.
• Supports the mission and strategic plan of the YMCA with other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Team Management Responsibilities:
- Provides professional development to team members to enhance staff learning, career development and operational effectiveness.
Facilitates staff meetings, training and in-services.
• Identifies, manages and motivates a high-performing team that accomplishes program objectives. Hires, on boards and trains team
members, and provides ongoing training and development in accordance with program standards. Ensures staff are compliant with required trainings and certifications.
• Recruits, supervises and manages the performance of staff and volunteers in collaboration with the leadership team.
• Establishes specific measurable performance standards for staff and communicates those expectations to staff through various
platforms. Monitors and evaluates team goals and performance standards. Evaluates team members and provides coaching and
intervention, as necessary. Coaches, mentors, and develops team members to optimize performance.
• Manages time and attendance for current staff, ensuring that time is accurately recorded in the HRIS system.
Fiscal and Risk Management Responsibilities:
Manages program budget, including revenue and expenses, to meet financial targets and monitors financial performance.
Oversees maintenance of table files, program guides and online registration site to ensure accurate information is advertised.
Minimum and Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education strongly prefered
Required: Associate Degree in child development or early childhood education
64 semester hours in any discipline with a minimum of 21 hours of college credit in child development, early childhood education or early child hood special education AND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
Gateways to Opportunity Level I Illinois Director Credential
OR 3 semester hours of college credit in administration, leadership or management
OR 3 points of credential-approved training in administration, leadership or management.
3 to 5 years or more experience in youth and family programming providing high-quality experience to program participants, with at least 3 years of supervisor or team leadership experience.
Commitment to, and a passion for, the YMCA of Metro Chicago’s mission.
Budget and expense management experience with the ability to assist in managing budgets to plan.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with customers, team members and other stakeholders and constituents.
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), email; ability to learn and adapt to new technology
Demonstrates evidence of YMCA Team Leader competencies in previous experience or practice.
Meet physical qualifications required as outlined in job description.
The YMCA will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Child Abuse Prevention / Support the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
Completing all child abuse prevention training, as required
Commit to Inclusion
- Supports the YMCA’s commitment to inclusion of all members as required by Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Job responsibilities may include implementing program modifications for persons with cognitive, behavioral or physical disabilities, including but not limited to the injection of medical glucagon to members with Type 1 diabetes in emergency situations. Appropriate training and development will be provided to YMCA team members based on your role and responsibilities
Street: 2120 W. 95th St.
Days and/or Times Needed: Monday through Friday, with the ability to cover various shifts from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, with additional hours when needed.