Mondelez International Process Engineer in Naperville, Illinois
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Uniquely Yours.
You play an important role in the department, maintaining systems and performing tasks and activities that support our continuous improvement (CI) processes and culture. You help with data collection, ensure its accuracy, promote CI progress and keep track of the department KPI scorecards.
How you will contribute
Provide training on CI tools and techniques. You will also help departments follow our established daily management system (DMS)
Help teams collect data or extract it from the system to support CI activities and the DMS
Facilitate root-cause analysis to address identified losses and departmental KPI scorecard gaps
Establish new work standards to sustain improvement
Train and qualify colleagues on CI tools and new work standards resulting from CI activities
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
CI and high-performance work systems experience
Strong facilitation and communication skills to support team discussions on CI activities
Application of lean and/or TPM tools in a factory or operations environment
Ability to manipulate and validate data in manual and automated systems
Mastery of Excel and other data analytics tools
Organized and disciplined to support and educate on the DMS process
Logical and structured thinking to extract insights from data
· Demonstrate the following competencies: ability to lead and motivate others, problem solving, decision making, results driven, accountable and excellent communication skills.
· Support all plant safety initiatives related to line processes.
· Engage in Daily Management System Meetings to lead plans for loss analysis and loss elimination.
· Lead, coach core teams to identify and analyze losses and develop solutions and control plans; using Lean Tools such as 5 Whys, Six Sigma tools such as Pareto and FMEA along with focused improvement tools such as bottleneck analysis, and driver tree methodology.
· Support waste reductions initiatives such as War on Waste, Manufacturing Standards and World Class Scrap/Water Programs, Over Pack attainment including all R&D as well as Quality initiated projects.
· Provide technical support to develop new cost saving programs and execute active projects.
· Lead the activities to document and capture best operating practices, centerline equipment and build capability in the core teams, proactively communicate key learnings to enable best practice replication. · Analyze performance data to support day-to-day Global Efficiency and changeover loss intelligence and problem analysis.
· Actively support R&D and Engineering for all development programs targeting process equipment, new products, recipes, technologies and packaging.
· Provide technical support on production and equipment requirements for raw materials and finished goods, standards and specifications, standards of raw materials costs, types of defects and how to prevent them.
· Identify and plan Kaizen/Performance Improvement activities such as speed increase, minor stop reduction, scrap reduction, labor efficiency improvement.
· Ensure teams understand and report on Key Performance Indicators such as Safety, Quality, Global Efficiency, Downtime, and Consumer Complaints.
· Support new product introduction and major capital initiatives, providing performance data analysis to ensure product and delivery standards are met.
· Other related duties as assigned
• Bachelors’ Degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Food Engineering or similar degree preferred or relevant years’ experience
• Production, Process or Continuous Improvement experience within Food Manufacturing preferred
• Familiar with FDA and USDA regulations and requirements
• Previous experience leading, motivating and engaging teams preferred
• Knowledge of Integrated Lean Six Sigma Work Systems helpful
• Knowledge of Measurement Methods and Statistical Analysis
• Green Belt/Black Belt preferred but not required
• Project Management experience is preferred
• Ability to challenge the status quo and work collaboratively between functions
• Ability to work independently and drive results critical
• Must have Microsoft Suite expertise
Relocation Support Available?
No Relocation support available, however for candidates voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered through our Volunteer International Transfer Policy
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelēz International family with a significant employee and manufacturing footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment, made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic brands—including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz , Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids confectionery products —are close at hand for our consumers across the country.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
At Mondelēz International, our purpose is to empower people to snack right through offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. That means delivering a broader range of delicious, high-quality snacks that nourish life's moments, made with sustainable ingredients and packaging that consumers can feel good about.
We have a rich portfolio of strong brands – both global and local. Including many household names such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. We are proud to hold the number 1 position globally in biscuits, chocolate and candy as well as the No. 2 position in gum
Our 80,000 Makers and Bakers are located in our operations in more than 80 countries and are working to sell our products in over 150 countries around the world. They are energized for growth and critical to us living our purpose and values. We are a diverse community that can make things happen, and happen fast.
Join us and Make It An Opportunity!
- Mondelez International Jobs