SSM Health Radiology - CT Technologist in Mount Vernon, Illinois
Under general supervision, operates and adjusts diagnostic X-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
- Accurately operating diagnostic equipment properly an adjusting exposures factors for optimum results.
- Accurately positioning or adjusting immobilization devices to prevent patient movement during exposure in order to achieve optimum technical results and performing job duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accurately operates CR and PACS systems for optimum results.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement by: assisting in identifying opportunities for improvement/change, assisting in data collection/analysis, assisting in making and implementing recommendations for improvements/change, participating with the shared governance team, participating in focus groups/performance improvement teams as needed.
- Accurately and efficiently performs special procedures, ER trauma, portable and surgical radiographic procedures.
- Consistently enters into PACS patient's history, including pregnancy and obtains signatures on permits prior to procedures.
- Accurately preparing and administrating contrast to assure organs are demonstrated clearly on radiograph and completing contrast media questionnaire prior to the administration of contrast.
- Accurately entering orders/ charges, exam data entry and revising requisitions into Clinstar and PACS.
- Protects patients, visitors and employees by: keeping information confidential, following infection control guidelines for hand washing, cleaning and others as they apply to therapy and participating in proper operation, maintenance and repair of equipment
- Routinely educates patients and families based on assessed needs, and keeps them informed as the process continues.
- Completion of an approved School of Radiologic Technology program
- Current Illinois IEMA license
- ARRT Registered Technologist
- BLS certification
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital – Mt. Vernon –
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital–Mt. Vernon, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 134-bed hospital with the only open heart surgery program in the region. In 2015, the hospital launched a new pediatric emergency and NICU telemedicine program in conjunction with the physicians at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital. For three consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Patient Safety Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Citation of Merit Award for Outstanding Patient Care.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Req ID: 18015498
Primary Location: Illinois-Mount Vernon-SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital – Mt. Vernon
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital – Mt. Vernon (0046) 1 Good Samaritan Way Mount Vernon, 62864
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 62864
Weekend Rotation: Part Time (Benefit Eligible), Nights, Weekends
Normal work hours: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Job: SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital – Mt. Vernon
Organization: SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital – Mt. Vernon
Work Locations: SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital – Mt. Vernon (0046) 1 Good Samaritan Way Mount Vernon, 62864