ZF Production Supervisor I in Marshall, Illinois
Production Supervisor I
Req ID 9202 | Elec Op - Marshall, United States
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for ensuring production and financial goals are met, providing the necessary support, training and development of manufacturing employees, ensuring proper resource allocation/utilization, driving continuous process improvement and supporting safety/environmental goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for addressing and resolving employee, process, and quality issues in a timely manner.
· Directs activities through manufacturing leadership, with Business Unit Manager assistance, to attain production goals consistent with cost, quality, and delivery objectives.
· Establishes, reviews and forecasts material, equipment, and labor requirements with assistance from Business Unit Manager.
· Responsible for managing scrap, hourly production rate to standard, efficiency, downtime, overtime and scrap.
· Monitors and adjusts Kronos (labor transfers, vacation, casual, sick, personal, tardy, etc.) for direct reports.
· Coordinates production activities with support functions such as maintenance, materials, manufacturing engineering, quality, safety etc.
· Ensures open lines of communication among shifts, with the Business Unit Manager or Operations Manager and all appropriate support personnel.
· Complies with and supports the health, safety, and environmental programs, policies and procedures.
· Responsible for the development and continuous improvement of a safe working environment.
· Responsible for ensuring that team Safety goals are met.
· Understands all emergency procedures and can implement when necessary.
· Investigates and completes Safety Incident reports.
· Maintains consistent application of all policies and procedures.
· Ensure accuracy of cycle counts and drive for corrective actions on high dollar loss items.
· Drives improvement activities through support groups.
· Ensures quick containment and corrective action of any customer issues.
· Responsible for the training and development of direct reports including but not limited to: preparing and issuing performance reviews, ensuring compliance with training procedures and documenting appropriate information in the plant’s Employee Appraisal System (EAS).
· Meets all auditing requirements for the position (LPA, BBS, 5S, etc.).
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations management or related field with 3 to 5 years of related experience, including a minimum of one year of leadership experience; or an Associate’s degree in business administration, operations management or related field with 5 years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 3 years of leadership experience.
· Demonstrated experience in motivating and mentoring employees and meeting business objectives.
· Demonstrated problem resolution skills i.e., 7D, 5P, 5-why etc.
· Independently drive continuous improvement projects.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Capable of being certified on lean manufacturing principles, HAZCOM and SPC.
· Able to operate PC based software programs and operate automated business systems.
· Strong manufacturing and business knowledge.
· Good time management and organizational skills.
· Able to present data or give other presentations to upper management.
Be part of our ZF team as Production Supv I-Gen and apply now!
DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, we invest in the development of diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to our company.Our company is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with us and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Our Commitment to Diversity
ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Decatur
Job Segment: Manager, Industrial, Engineer, Compliance, Production Manager, Management, Manufacturing, Engineering, Legal
- ZF Jobs