Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Header Operator - 3rd Shift in Machesney Park, Illinois
Header Operator - 3rd Shift
10818 N 2nd St, Machesney Park, IL 61115, USA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 500 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. This position is within ITW Automotive Segment, Shakeproof Division.
ITW Shakeproof (SAP), serves the major OEMs and their tier suppliers. We supply metal cold headed fasteners totaling approximately $169M in revenue annually.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW SAP enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
• Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in N.A.
• Exchanging product, process and bench marking information with sister units worldwide.
• Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
Sets up and operates single or multi die double stroke (SDDS) cold header and forge pointer to produce quality automotive fasteners from cold metal rod or wire by performing the following duties:
· Selects, installs, and aligns died, cutting tools, guides, and stops to set up machine.
· Sets controls to synchronize machine actions for various operations on workpiece in specified sequence.
· Adjusts settings of dies on controls, as required, to produce product within specified tolerances and meeting quality standards.
· Positions coil of metal wire, or rod on feed spindle and threads it through straightening rolls into feed mechanism.
· Verifies dimensions of workpieces with specifications. Modifies and grinds thread roll dies as necessary.
· Recognize and inspect quality issues and troubleshoots process or quality issues with engineers to correct and document.
· Starts machines to produce sample product and measures for conformance with specifications.
· Complies with all safety rules and TS16949 policies and operating procedures.
· Maintains, oils, and cleans machines on a regular basis. Drains and cleans oil trays; dumps scrap and sweeps and mop floors to maintain housekeeping standards.
· Keeps tools well organized and reorder as necessary to assure proper inventory levels.
· Ensures all quality and safety documentation is completed.
· Other responsibilities as needed.
· High School diploma or the equivalent required; Associates degree preferred
· Prior experience operating single and multi-die header machines
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to complete routine production and quality reports.
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds repetitively
· Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to stand 8 hours; bend regularly
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life, LTD insurance, 401k (with company match), employee assistance, wellness and 100% tuition reimbursement programs. ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
- Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Jobs