Lexington Health Network Home Health Staffing Coordinator in Lombard, Illinois
Offers Compassion and Care
Protecting the Lives of the ones we Love
Excellence in Caring for those we serve
Make an impact, join our team and be a Hero for HOPE at Lexington Health Network
The Scheduler position is the key position to coordinate staffing and provides timely and appropriate staffing for safe and effective care delivery. Responsibilities include scheduling services based on the individualized patient’s Plan of Care (POC), support the Clinical Manager, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
Optimally schedules all direct care providers (i.e; Case Managers, PRN RNs, LPNs, PTs, and other therapists, Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs), Medical Social Workers and Dieticians) to accomplish patient visits.
• Maintains coordination of the Weekend, Holiday Staff Schedule, the On Call RN schedule and the HHAs daily assignments.
• Maintains daily schedule for all team members.
• Demonstrates effective liaison activities and interdepartmental communication and cooperation to support essential agency activities.
• Collaborates with Intake Specialists on new referrals, developing and fostering positive relationships. Ensures that communications from patients, physicians and caregivers are relayed in a timely manner.
• Orders DME as requested.
• Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
• Must be able to deal with a challenging work environment from time demands and conflicting priorities.
• May be required to work after hours or alternative hours or days.
• Participates in coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, and Dietician) to the Clinical Manager.
• Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
• Participates in personal and professional growth and development.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Clinical Manager.
• The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
• High School Graduate or equivalent level of education required.
• Developed clerical and computer skills required. Related courses in business skills required.
• An Associate Degree in Office Management, Medical Records, Business or a related field is preferred.
• Previous experience in home care or other medical staffing strongly preferred.
• Previous secretarial and computer work skills required as is typically acquired in two years in a
health care organization office setting.
• Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology.
• Must have excellent computer word processing skills with the ability to enter at least 50 CWPM
and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel software program.
• Must have knowledge of general office practices and procedures including filing, record keeping,
photocopying and faxing.
• Must be able to follow a defined list of tasks and follow the established procedures completing
them in a timely fashion.
• Must be able to flex with the increased workflow when census is higher and recognize urgency
of each task.
• Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
• Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
• Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and organization requirements and is in good working order.
• Prolonged sitting and standing. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required skills.
We offer a professional work environment, growth and advancement, training, Competitive compensation and a benefits package including a comprehensive Medical, dental, and vision plan, voluntary benefits, Credit Union, 401(k) savings plan with company match, holiday pay and paid time off.
Lexington Health Network provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
iCIMS Requisition ID: 2021-7015
External Company URL: https://www.lexingtonhealth.com
Street: 665 W North Ave
Work Schedule: Days