SGS North America Inc. Laboratory Assistant - 743999741817820 in Lincolnshire, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/8071635 Company Description n
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
nJob Description n
The Laboratory Assistant, Chemistry Laboratory LSS provides support to the technical staff in the conduct of their work, as well as performing general tasks essential to maintenance of a clean, efficient Analytical Laboratory.
nREPORTING LINE n
Directly reports to Supervisor or Manager, Chemistry Laboratory LSS
nJOB FUNCTIONS n
nReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. n
• Provides support to technical staff in their efforts to ensure that routine testing submitted by clients is completed within established parameters governing turnaround time, quality specifications.
• Works together with technical staff to ensure that all reasonable client requests pertaining to the conduct of a given test are met in a timely and ultimately effective manner.
• May participate in departmental and/or company-wise projects designed to improve the nature of SGS client services.
• Ensures that all reasonable requests from Analysts and management pertaining to the conduct of a given test or group of tests are met in a timely and effective manner.
• Ensures that all technical staff working in the Analytical Services Laboratory receive the help and cooperation they need to successfully complete their studies.
• Performs general tasks essential to a clean and efficient Analytical Lab. Duties here may include cleaning and maintaining work spaces, inventory, receipt, and storage of lab supplies, equipment calibration and maintenance, and preparation and set-up of resources used in the testing process.
• Assists technical staff in specific tasks related to the conduct of a given test or group of tests. Duties here include reagent preparation and set-up of special equipment used in testing client samples. Equipment repair may also be required.
• Demonstrates willingness and ability to train on applicable general SOPs pertaining to the Analytical Laboratory.
• Becomes familiar with GMP/GLP and ISO requirements as these pertain to work performed in the Analytical Laboratory.
• Participates in general staff training sessions as these are scheduled
• Participates as needed in departmental efforts directed toward equipment maintenance and calibration,
• Adheres to relevant SGS SOPs governing official records and documentation.
• Adheres to all SGS personnel policies regarding time clock, telephones, sick days, vacation days, etc.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
nEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE n
• High School or equivalent with 5+ years of experience
• Associate degree with 0+ years of experience in Analytical Chemistry Laboratories
• Laboratory experience
nKNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES n
• General knowledge of Chemistry and routine testing methods and methodologies preferred
• Language Skills: English - Intermediate level required
• Mathematical Skills: Basic level required
• Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Basic level required
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word) - Intermediate user proficiency required
• Abil ty to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Ability to execute detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
• Ability to follow directions, ensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe
• Strong attention to details required
• Communication and basic organization and time management skills are required
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
• This job operates in a laboratory environment and routinely uses chemistry instruments and equipment
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones
nPHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB n
nPhysical/Sensory Demands Frequency Requirements: n
• Stand - Constantly
• Move or traverse - Constantly
• Sit - Occasionally
• Use hands - Constantly
• Reach with hands and arms - Frequently
• Climb or balance - Occasionally
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl - Occasionally
• Talk/hear - Frequently
• Taste/Smell - none
• Lift/carry/push or pull - Frequently
• Lift/carry/push or pull - may have to lift up to 20 pounds
nVision Requirements (corrective glasses can be worn in the lab, but not corrective lenses): n