SGS North America Inc. Chemistry Analyst I - 2nd Shift - 743999737367529 in Lincolnshire, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/8071619 Company Description n
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world,SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world's leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world's top multinationals and one of the world's most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In North America, SGS employs over 5,000 team members across serveral locations
nJob Description n
The Analyst I, Chemistry Laboratory LSS under direct supervision conducts routine sample analysis, preparation, extraction, and digestion with and without the use of instrumentation following official methods and laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Builds their knowledge and skills in evaluation of the chemical and physical properties of various organic and inorganic substances for consumer product testing purposes.
nREPORTING LINE n
Directly reports to Manager, Chemistry Laboratory LSS
nJOB FUNCTIONS n
nReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. n
• Under direct supervision conducts routine analytical studies of samples, preparation, extraction, and digestion with and without the use of instrumentation following official methods and laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and protocols.
• Assists in preparation, submission and filing reports on client sample tests, correlation tests, calibration, validation and other projects.
• Performs routine operation, maintenance, calibration, and trouble-shoots laboratory instruments / equipment.
• May assist / gets exposure to development of the analytical methods, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other operating, safety and quality documents for method development, transfer, and validation studies.
• Assists with investigation, and preparation of responses to client inquiries.
• Inputs and maintains technical information as needed to support the laboratory functions/operations.
• Maintains Laboratory Notebook.
• Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned
nEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE n
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related Science discipline AND
• 0-2 years of years' relevant experience in Analytical Chemistry Laboratories
• Associate degree in Chemistry or related Science discipline
• 2+ years of experience in Analytical Chemistry Laboratories
nKNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES n
• General knowledge of Chemistry and routine testing methods and methodologies required
• Language Skills: English - Intermediate level required
• Mathematical Skills: Basic level required
• Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Basic level required
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word) - Intermediate user proficiency required
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Ability to execute detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
• Ability to follow directions, ensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe
• Strong attention to details required
&bull Communication and basic organization and time management skills are required
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
• No travel required. Voluntary travel may be requested for training purposes.
nWork Schedule: n
• 2nd Shift 3:00pm to 11:30pm
• Job requires working flexible schedule with occasional overtime
• This job operates in a laboratory environment and routinely uses chemistry instruments and equipment
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones
nPHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB n
nPhysical/Sensory Demands Frequency Requirements: n
• Stand - Constantly
• Move or traverse - Constantly
• Sit - Occasionally
• Use hands - Constantly
• Reach with hands and arms - Frequently
• Climb or balance - Occasionally
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl - Occasionally
• Talk/hear - Frequently
• Taste/Smell - none
• Lift/carry/push or pull - Frequently
• Lift/carry/push or pull - may have to lift up to 20 pounds
nVision Requirement: n
• Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches/50 centimeters or less)
• Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet/6 meters or more)
• Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and d