Sedgebrook Assisted Living CNA ($1,000 Hiring Bonus) in Lincolnshire, Illinois
Every Other Weekend Day Shift
Who We Are
Sedgebrook is a senior living Life Plan Community, also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), located on a picturesque 72-acre campus in Lincolnshire, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago’s North Shore. Owned by Senior Care Development LLC, and managed by Life Care Services LLC, Sedgebrook is strengthened by a high degree of experience in senior living and the stability of these two industry-leading organizations that are committed to providing and maintaining an exceptional environment in which every resident thrives.
Why You Should Work With Us
Radford Green at Sedgebrook was rated one of the best nursing homes in Illinois for 2018-2019 by U.S. News and World Report. In addition, Radford Green was listed as a Top 5-Star Rated Nursing Home by Medicare.gov for 2018. With a tradition of excellence and a focus on providing a high level of care for our residents, Radford Green is looking for a hospitality minded Certified Nursing Assistant to join our award winning staff.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists residents with dressing, grooming, eating, bathing, positioning, turning, toileting and exercising.
- Gives treatments, performs tests, carries out procedures and collects specimens as instructed.
- Reports and records observations and results of treatments, tests, procedures and specimens when indicated.
- Transfers, transports and escorts residents as needed.
- Answers signal lights promptly.
Changes bed linens, makes beds and keeps rooms clean and orderly Other Duties:
Maintains safe and sanitary work stations and equipment.
- Encourages independence, attendance at activities, restorative programs and rehabilitation.
- Attends in-service training and education session, as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. QUALIFICATIONS: Successful completion of an Illinois State approved nursing assistant training program. Prior geriatric nursing aide experience is preferred, but not required. Registration with Illinois State Health Care Worker Registry is required. Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively and perform simple arithmetic and documentation of care.
Sedgebrook provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.