Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 405330 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: CSE-Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division of Argonne National Laboratory is seeking a postdoctoral appointee to conduct research, under the guidance of a supervisor, on advanced electrolyte for next generation high-voltage high-energy lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicle applications.
The research will be focused on design and synthesis of new electrolyte materials, including new solvents, additives, and salts, that could provide thermodynamic and/or kinetic stability at the electrode/electrolyte interphases. The research goal is to enable the long-term cycling performance of the high-voltage high-energy lithium-ion battery with fundamental understanding of the functioning mechanism.
We expect you to have:
- Research experience in lithium-ion battery or other electrochemical energy storage systems and efficiency in electrochemical analysis, including cyclic voltammetry, electrochemical floating tests, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, and lithium-ion battery testing.
- Familiarity with in situi>i>characterization techniques, including FT-IR, XAS, or TEM, to understand the interfacial reactivity at electrode surface and identify the chemical composition of the SEI.
- Ability to design and conduct organic synthesis and polymer synthesis experiments to develop new organic compounds as new electrolyte solvents and additives with desired physical and electrochemical properties.
- Skills in organic/polymer synthesis, purification, and chemical analysis by NMR, FTIR, Raman, GC-MS, SEM/EDS, et al.i>i>.
- Track record of scientific achievements in published papers, patents, manuscript submissions, and presentations at academic conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to solve problems of scientific and technological interest.
- This level of knowledge is typically achieved through a formal education in organic or polymer chemistry at the Ph.D. degree level with 0 to 3 years of experience or equivalent in the scientific application of this knowledge and practical laboratory experience.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.