Argonne National Laboratory Nuclear Engineer in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 404512 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: NSE-Nuclear Science and Engineering
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): RD2
Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The Nuclear Science and Engineering (NSE) Division is seeking a nuclear engineer to perform analyses and design of advanced nuclear systems and technologies. The selected individual will primarily investigate the performance of advanced nuclear reactors with respect to reactor physics, thermal-hydraulics, safety, and fuel cycle. The selected individual will make use of advanced modeling and simulation tools as well as develop new computational approach to perform the required analyses. As part of the job, the selected individual will prepare reports and papers as well as present results at conferences and meetings.
- Advanced knowledge of reactor physics theory and neutronics codes;
- Knowledge of nuclear engineering principles, theories, and practices for the design and analysis of reactor systems;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Skills in the use of computers and in the analysis of computational results, in the clear and effective documentation and communication of results.
- Skills in the conception, design, and evaluation of innovative approaches and solutions to quantitative problems;
- Knowledge of fluid flow and heat transfer for nuclear system applications and reactor safety analyses;
- Knowledge in modeling and analyzing transients of reactor systems.
- Experience with DIF3D, REBUS or MCNP;
- Knowledge of fast reactor systems or molten salt reactor systems;
- Experience with code Verification and Validation.
RD2 level:The required levels of knowledge and skills are typically achieved through formal training in engineering or physics on the Ph.D. (or equivalent) level with three or more years of relevant work experience.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.