Argonne National Laboratory Energy Systems Analyst in Lemont, Illinois
Energy Systems Analyst
Requisition Number: 405340 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: ES-Energy Systems
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): RD2
" />Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply for an Energy Systems Analyst job wiht our Energy Systems Division. In this role, you will develop power systems modeling tools that support energy, economic, andenvironmentalanalyses. Some of these tools will require the creation of simulation and optimization routines. You will also:
- Knowledge and skills in developing innovative algorithms, methodologies, and tools to model and simulate energy and power systems or their components.
- Knowledge of mathematical optimization methods (e.g. mixed integer programming, nonlinear optimization, stochastic programming). Coding skills are a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of data analytics, power systems operations and market design, issues surrounding the integration of variable renewables, and environmental issues.
- Knowledge of hydropower systems, hydrology, and reservoir management.
- Experience in statistics and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of basic financial and economic principles.
- Knowledge and experience developing and using advanced Excel applications
- Sills in working effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Skills in oral and written communication.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.