Abbott Global Marketing Manager Capabilities in Lake Forest, Illinois
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The Global Marketing Manager, Capabilities is charged with designing, implementing and maintaining a robust training curriculum for new hires, product managers and marketing managers. Training and capabilities development encompasses industry knowledge, leadership and marketing competencies.
• Build sustainable capabilities-building training curriculum for all levels of marketing in the ADD organization.
• Identify skill/competency needs through a combination of direct manager discussions and knowledge assessments.
• Identify existing programs, develop with internal experts and/or work with agencies to build and execute new programs to address skills needs. Track successful completion and provide quarterly organization development reports.
• In some cases, be responsible for delivering the training directly and in other cases lead internal/external subject matter experts to execute the training programs in a classroom or field based setting.
• Partner closely with Corporate Marketing, L&D HR, Commercial Sales Training, Operations, Finance and R&D to leverage existing resources in the design and execution of the training curriculum and training events.
• Ensure that trainers are prepared and qualified to conduct training.
• Assesses on an ongoing basis the effectiveness of materials and class structure. Regularly reevaluate vision and strategy, measure effectiveness of all initiatives, and identify opportunities/issues to drive continual improvement as well as ensure meaningful marketing model adoption.
• Position has one direct report.
Bachelors degree required; MBA or equivalent highly preferred.
Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
Strong project management and attention to detail.
3+ Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles, learning design and/or classroom training experience required
3+ Marketing required. Sales experience a plus.
IVD Diagnostics experience preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com