Progress Rail Services Corp. Customer Engineer in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3814BR
Posting Title: Customer Engineer
Job Category: Service
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Contribute to customer satisfaction through the application of specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities to tasks/projects associated with the products we design, manufacture, sell, and other related services we provide. Work involves independent judgement, decision making, and creativity. Management is available to provide additional guidance for unusual situations.
Key Job Elements
• Recognize analyze and resolve technical problems involving EMD products;
• Coordinate service activities necessary to resolve problems or monitor product performance at EMD or on customer property;
• Communicate status of product performance and problem resolution to EMD management and field personnel;
• Assist in training of customer employees in proper operation or maintenance of EMD equipment;
• Coordinate and perform component teardowns to assist in warranty determination and product enhancements;
• Support technical design reviews;
• Manage Closed Loop Corrective Action projects;
• Write technical documents to convey modernizations modifications and current maintenance practices to both internal and external customers;
• Travel as required to perform duties;
• Special assignments as needed.
Education / Training
• College degree with a major in engineering or equivalent training.
Qualifications and Experience
• Ability and/or experience resolving complex electrical and/or mechanical problems;
• High level of interpersonal skills required to work effectively with customers and others;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required in dealing with customers;
• Willing to travel on extended basis (domestic and international);
• Basic locomotive knowledge.
• Technical troubleshooting experience on EMD products;
• Experience with electrical rotating equipment.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities