Progress Rail Services Corp. Manager, Government Contracts in La Grange, Illinois
LaGrange, IL PRS Corporate
The Government Contracts Manager supports sales through the identification, mitigation, and resolution of Government contracts and associated risks within Caterpillar's Rail Division in alignment with compliance objectives. The Government Contracts Manager will also provide guidance in connection with key compliance processes involved in the U.S. Government Contracts tendering process including, RFQ, Negotiation, and Contract Execution. The Government Contracts Manager will perform periodic assessments of the compliance program as well as the performance on Government contracts to ensure both the program and the contract requirements are being met. The role will not only support all levels of Rail Division personnel, but will also interact with external customers including the U.S. Federal Government, U.S. State & Local Government, and transit authorities and their contractors.
Auto req ID:
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com at https://www.progressrail.com/ and follow us @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Education / Training:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferable in business administration,
legal studies, accounting, or finance; required
• At least 5 years of progressively responsible job-related
experience in multiple areas, preferably with contracts,
procurement, legal, compliance, accounting, or finance;
• Master’s degree, preferably in government contracts,
legal studies, or business administration; desired
• At least 10 years of experience in a government
contracts or a compliance environment; desired
Government Contracts Manager
Key Job Elements:
• Review and provide risk analyses on solicitations,
proposals, contracts, delivery and purchase orders, and
• Partner closely with the commercial, legal and finance
teams, and the customer to ensure a clear
understanding of, and compliance with, the appropriate
regulations and government requirements before and
during execution of the contract.
• Support negotiations with customers, suppliers, and
• Perform periodic assessments of the compliance
programs and contract performance.
• Serve as a Rail Division-wide resource in highly
specialized government contracts arena.
• Provide guidance to Rail Division managers, supervisors,
account and program managers, and others.
• Implement the Rail Division’s controls and procedures in
support of the Rail Division’s compliance program.
• Demonstrate leadership and support to leaders in
fostering and enhancing a values-based culture.
• Participate in industry and trade association activities to
stay abreast of government contracts developments and
• Provide leadership and coordination across business
segments in connection with the implementation of Rail
Division’s Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
• Be responsible for all regulatory filings and reporting
required for contract performance.
• Offer innovative approaches to problem solving and
develop solutions to contracting issues in leading all
phases of the U.S. Government Contract tendering cycle.
• Active diligence and review necessary certifications
required to maintain the SAM database for applicable
PRS business units with input from functional business
• Develop and deliver training, together with Legal
Services Division, to relevant stakeholders (Supply Chain,
Human Resources, Finance) as it relates to their
involvement in the tendering, procurement, and
execution phases of U.S. Government Contracts.
• Play an instrumental role in helping PRS further develop
a strategy to grow U.S. Government business
• Support business and functional stakeholders in the
improvement of processes related to government
contracting and maintain regular contact with legal
Qualifications and Experience:
• Solid domain expertise with Federal Acquisition
Regulations (FAR), experience with equivalent state, and
local government regulations.
• Experience in researching compliance issues, applicable
regulations and law, and formulating recommendations
• Experience in the development of policies, procedures,
• Excellent interpersonal skills, high integrity, and good
judgment are required in order to deal with confidential
issues, developing and persuading others, and
representing the Rail Division before outside parties.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including
the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the
• High degree of personal professional ethics and
• Extensive background in two or more of the following
areas: government contracts, procurement, or
compliance within the Caterpillar enterprise.
• Working knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulations,
Federal Acquisition Regulation, Department of
Transportation or Federal Railway Administration
Regulations, and other grant regulations.
• Broad company knowledge and an understanding of the
Rail Division’s products, systems, and compliance
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Alternative Work Location:
Progress Rail Services Corp.
- Progress Rail Services Corp. Jobs