Essendant Department Manager 2 (5am - 2pm, Inventory) in Greenville, Illinois
Essendant is a pure wholesale distributor of a broad range of business products including office, janitorial, break room and industrial supplies. We “win from the middle of the supply chain” by enabling the success of our suppliers, our reseller customers, our associates, and the communities we serve. By stocking a broad range of products across key market channels, and by offering sophisticated logistical capabilities and innovative value-added services, we enable our resellers to respond efficiently to the demand for business products from millions of consumers. By giving our suppliers logistical excellence and broad market reach, we enable their success. Join Essendant and you’ll enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that uniquely meets the needs of you and your family.
Essendant is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
· Supervise and coordinate the activities of the operations. Provide regular coaching, counseling, and communication to associates.
· Supervise the activities of general warehouse operations by maintain a clean and safe environment while being compliant with OSHA and Company Safety Guideline.
· Establishes goals, defines and plans projects to ensure operational strategies are focused on and executed.
· Manages supervisor and leads performance through the performance management process.
· Interacts daily with other departments to resolve operational issues.
· Capture and analyze data on current processes to develop plans to meet established and future business needs.
· Manages people, processes, budgets, performance management, compliance activities, and associate development as required by the job.
· Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong planning, change management and organizational skills.
· Demonstrate ability to solve problems, achieve results and foster strong customer service orientation.
· High degree of initiative, team building and dedication to effective positive change.
· Intermediate computer skills.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- 5 years: distribution management
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)