Anthem Memory Care Resident Care Assistant / Caregiver in Glenview, Illinois
Part Time position.
Shift: 6:00AM to 2:30PM, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
Full Time position:
Shift: 2:00PM to 10:30PM, Sunday through Thursday
Anthem Memory Care is guided by a single purpose: To engage, protect, and love people living with memory loss. We are committed to sustaining a safe, active, and loving environment; to give our families peace of mind; to be patient, seeking to understand those living with memory loss; to provide each Anthem team member the opportunity for personal and professional growth, and to be respectful, trustworthy, and good stewards in all we do.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION:
Under general supervision, provides assistance in the personal care and protection of the residents in assisted living.
Clinical Services Director/Resident Care Coordinator/Resident Care Manager
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Know and understand the vision, purpose, values and goals of Anthem Memory Care.
- Cares for residents in the community adhering to all facility policies and procedures;
- Provides assistance in resident care including cleaning and bathing, personal hygiene, dressing residents, bed making, taking blood pressure, assisting in ambulating, grooming, helping to activities and other functions;
- Reports unusual symptoms and problems of residents to supervisors immediately;
- Monitors the emergency call system for emergency calls and responds appropriately;
- Cooperates with the dining staff and provides general assistance with resident meals and clean-up; may set tables, serve meals, clear tables and straighten dining room after meals;
- Assists lead resident assistants and other staff, as needed;
- Maintains daily records;
- Assists with emergencies and with safety instruction for residents such as fire drills, etc.;
- Answers telephones using Anthem telephone techniques and assists visitors in an assertively friendly manner;
- Conducts work tasks safely and in compliance with the community safety program;
- Provides effective and courteous service to all residents, guests and co-workers;
- Attends in-service training workshops, seminars, and meetings;
- Promotes and protects the rights of all residents;
- Performs other related essential duties as required.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
A high school education; some vocational/technical training in the nursing field preferred; at least five months experience in a related field; or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
CERTIFICATION AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires First Aid and CPR certification;
- Criminal record clearance or criminal record exemption, as required by law
- Health evaluation to ensure ability to perform duties of the position and the absence of any communicable disease, including tuberculosis and CXR clearance.