ArdaghGroup Electrical Engineer - (Metals-NA) - 11347 in Elk Grove Village, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/6148667 Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approxmately 23,500 people and have global sales of approxmately US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
nPURPOSE OF THE JOB:
• Provide electrical engineering design, modification, and support for multiple controls projects, ranging from a single machine to a complete line. Responsible for all phases of project including: concept, research, support, estimating, component selection, network design, panel design, schematic drawings, PLC programming, HMI design, on site installation, support and troubleshooting to determine the fundamental causes of equipment/operational issues.
• Support new equipment build in house.
• Support equipment upgrade / rebuild in house or on site
• Support for Equipment Wellness Programs.
nKEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: (including but not limited to)
• Understands and complies with position related safety SOPs and work instructions, especially for Electrical Safety, Lockout/Tag out, Machine Guarding, Housekeeping, SQF, and Personal Protective Equipment.
• Domestic and International travel (up to 80%) required to manufacturing sites to perform startup / installation/ support and troubleshooting duties.
• Designs, develops all aspects of programming and electrical engineering activities for new projects and/or equipment upgrades.
• Generates electrical schematics and BOM's in compliance with established company standards and applicable regulatory codes.
• Provide technical assistance to the manufacturing operations to resolve quality and/or productivity issues to meet budgeted objectives.
• Troubleshoot and implement solutions to solve operational problems on equipment.
• Coordinate activities and efforts with maintenance, outside contractors, and operations personnel.
• Implements electric controls design by providing installation, start-up, and technical support to resolving production problems associated with electric controls.
• Assists manufacturing with process and/or quality improvements to meet cost and/or quality targets.
• Implements methods for improving OEE and spoilage reduction; through conveying layouts, control methods, and analyzing areas of process variations.
• Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Provide Training of new tec nologies to plant electrical support staff.
• Organizes design project by identifying short-term and long-range issues; preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources.
• Being self-motivated and willing to set and hold high standards for work completed.
• Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
• Minimum Technical Degree in Electrical Engineering or 7+ years' experience in Designing, programming, and implementing control systems.
• Experience working with PLC's, (PLC5, SLC500, CLogix, Siemens S7, TI-505, Modicon), HMI's,(CTC Interact, Panelview Plus, Wincc Flex) AC Drives (Yaskawa, ABB, AB)and Servo Controls.
• Experience with design and implementation of Network communication protocols, IE Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet I/P, Devicenet, Peerlink, ASI Modbus Plus.
• Experience with design and implementation of machine controls and equipment safety.
• Sound understanding of engineering and/or electrical principles and their creative application on the job.
• Working knowledge of electrical standards (NEC, NFPA, UL etc)
• Willing to engage others in a collaborative / matrix work environment
• Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with good verbal and written communic