Compass Group, North America SOUS CHEF in ELGIN, Illinois
Posted Date: Sep 16, 2020
*Details: *Great location, knowledgeable and supportive leaders, strong and skilled established team - what more could you ask for?! Our culinary team in Elgin is seeking a talented Sous Chef to become part of our TouchPoint family at a nearly 200 bed hospital account. The Sous Chef will manage a team of 7 and may expect to work the following anticipated schedule: Monday-Friday with a possible 1 weekend per month rotation. CafeDepartment hours of operation are 5:30am - 8:00pm - schedule may vary within operational hours. Considered applicants will have at least 2 years of related experience in the food service or hospitality industry. Main responsibilities may include (anticipated & approximate): 40% Cook related management & food production, 20% menu creation, recipe and quality adherence checks, staff training, 20% regulatory compliance, 10% finances, 10% Company based initiatives, development, project implementation
TouchPoint, Support Services,* *provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, and food service. TouchPoint is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional. The Sous Chef assists in the responsibility for the successful operation of the Culinary Department for a facility. Assists in supervising the preparation and cooking of various food items, developing daily menu items and their preparation and garnishment. May supervise hourly associates. May work with Executive Chef/Chef to develop new menus and assist with ordering.
• Assists the Executive Chef with managing cost controls and control expenditures for the account
• Assists the Executive Chef with planning and creating menus
• Produces and execute catering events
• Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with WPC marketing and culinary team
• A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
• Some progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
• Catering experience a plus
• High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
• Institutional and batch cooking experiences helpful
• Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
• Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
• Must be willing to participate in patient satisfaction programs/activities
• ServSafe certified - highly desirable
Apply to TouchPoint today!
/TouchPoint is a member of Compass Group USA/
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
*Req ID: * 422721
ERIN S PRINDLE
Compass Group, North America
- Compass Group, North America Jobs