ITW Manufacturing Engineer in Elgin, Illinois
The Manufacturing Engineer is a Plant resources responsible for supporting tool design, continuous improvement, and capacity analysis. The Manufacturing Engineer is also a critical member of our Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process for parts at their facility and directly impacts the P&L through successful new product launch and efficiency improvements. To achieve specified goals, the Manufacturing Engineer works frequently with our manufacturing, quality, sales, and APQP teams.
This Engineer will float between our Elgin and Elk Grove Village locations, as business needs require. The Elgin facility is our divisional headquarters; it is our Logistics Center for finished products, Facilitates product sorting and packing. The Elgin facility also manufactures small diameter fasteners. The Elk Grove Village location specializes in large diameter fasteners and large head/shoulder bolts. This role also requires infrequent travel to other Shakeproof locations to ensure read-across of best practices across the division.
The successful candidate will:
• Collaborate with our manufacturing departments to develop manufacturing prints, bill of materials, routings, and establish controls for ensuring quality product. This includes the creation of Process FMEAs and Control Plans.
• Create 2D and/or 3D models of the tooling used in the manufacturing of our product.
• Lead Build Events during the APQP process of new product.
• Support capacity analysis for new and existing products.
• Guide our APQP Engineers on part feasibility for potential new business.
• Using lean techniques the Manufacturing Engineer will support continuous improvement projects at our Plants with an intent to reduce waste and/or improve manufacturing performance.
• Work side by side with Operations to trouble-shoot manufacturing issues.
• Support the Quality Department in root cause analysis of customer and internal issues.
• Manage updates to engineering prints, standards and processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must posses the ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required for success. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
· Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry; product and/or tooling development for metal manufacturing (fastener) experience preferred.
· Experience in automotive industry is highly beneficial.
· Working knowledge of APQP or equivalent gated product development processes.
· Working knowledge of lean techniques.
· Elevated proficiency with Microsoft Office software package; specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Strong experience with 2D and 3D CAD software; preferably Auto Cad and Solid Works.
· Attention to detail, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Aptitude to multi-task while maintaining highest levels of accuracy.
· An inner drive to understand, communicate and exceed established goals.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with the ability and desire to communicate and work with other departments and facilities.
· Proven ability to work on a team while generating respect and trust from staff as well as external customers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.