Essendant Supply Chain Engineering Manager in Deerfield, Illinois
Deerfield, IL (FSC)
Deerfield, IL, USA
- Develop and sustain effective cross-functional relationships with leaders to influence and align functions to support performance objectives.
- Manage and direct team to enhance cost improvement and productivity for operation initiatives.
- Lead and manage optimization application for supply chain initiatives to create models for network analysis, and other operation strategies utilizing linear programming and optimization.
- Lead identify, recommend, and implement new process improvements, supply chain opportunities, technological enhancements and workflow efficiencies.
- Leverage expertise in measurement, data collection, analysis and interpretation to facilitate decision making or change management.
- Maintains continuous evaluation of DC processes, layout and design; ensuring that they are configured to provide competitive service levels and unit costs
- Leads projects to improve overall efficiency, including equipment utilization, workforce productivity, manpower planning and cycle time improvements.
- Develops operational plans and cost analysis including the development of strategic roadmaps for future operational opportunities
- Develop and execute synergies and best practices across the enterprise that drive cost savings, improve processes, and consistency of the customer experience.
- Provide tactical and strategic support for the facilities.
- Lead and promote a culture that fosters innovation and sharing best practices between facilities of all business units and across the organization. Support integrations of systems across the enterprise.
- Partner with and coach team members in the use of structured improvement system techniques like HPT, Lean, Six Sigma and other techniques.
- Manage people, processes, budgets, performance management, compliance activities, and associate development as required by the job.
- Support the application of quality systems and structured improvement business system frameworks (e.g. GMP, HPT, Lean, Six Sigma).
- Understand and demonstrate Essendant’s Core Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Expert ability to effectively manage and advise on the application of Operations Research methods (e.g. mathematical modeling, statistical analysis, simulation, and optimization).
- Expert knowledge in measurement, data collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation to support decision making or change management.
- Solid knowledge of Linux filesystem to support the administration of the analytic platform of the supply chain engineering group.
- Demonstrated ability to support the planning, development and implementation of unique and creative solutions to operational challenges.
- Strong ability to develop, lead, and work with cross-functional teams
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to take strong and sometimes contrary positions when required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid understanding of quality systems and continuous process improvement methodologies: Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Statistical Process Control, TQM, ISO 9000, GMP, etc.
- Strong time management skills and proven ability to meet aggressive timelines.
- Expertise in one or more analytical and programming tools such as R, Python, Visual Basic, etc.
- Strong PC skills: Outlook, Access, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of industry trends.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial & systems engineering, operations research or related field required, Master’s Degree in similar fields strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of industrial engineering experience, supply chain management or warehousing/manufacturing required; 7 years of experience preferred.
- Successfully managed a remote team of field industrial engineers
Bachelors or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted: November 24, 2020