Baxter Senior Tax Analyst, Tax Planning in Deerfield, Illinois
Senior Tax Analyst, Tax Planning
Req # JR - 032249
Location Deerfield, Illinois
Job Category Finance
Date posted 01/12/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Baxter is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst, Tax Planning focused on international tax planning and M&A to help implement global effective tax rate and cash tax reduction planning as well as M&A. This role will interact with members throughout global tax, as well as other non-tax members in Treasury, Accounting, and Legal. The position is based in our Deerfield, Illinois headquarters and reports to the Sr. Tax Counsel–Tax Planning, M&A and US-International Compliance & Provision.
What you'll be doing:
• Quantify and model the financial effect of tax planning strategies and legislative and regulatory developments on Baxter’s overall effective tax rate.
• Manage implementation of internal tax planning and tax aspects of M&A and business development transactions, including due diligence, transaction structure, and post-closing integration.
• Assist with cash repatriation and other financing strategies.
• Document and support key tax positions in support of US GAAP and IRS audits.
• Assist other areas of Tax as needed, such as audit, U.S. international compliance, and U.S. federal and U.S.-international research projects.
You have (a):
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; Master’s in Taxation (MST), CPA or J.D. preferred.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of broad international corporate tax experience; international planning and M&A experience preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and project management skills to interact effectively with all levels at Baxter.
• Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills; experience with JDE/Hyperion HFM, and CorpTax strongly preferred.
#IND - USCF
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to[email protected]and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
- Baxter Jobs