Essendant Merchandising Analytics Manager in Deerfield, Illinois
Deerfield, IL (FSC)
Deerfield, IL, USA
- Analyze SKU-level and supplier-level performance within a set of merchandise categories. This includes, but is not limited to category trends, key supplier dynamics, EBITDA economics at the SKU level, historical evolution of cost and margins
- Provide market and industry insights on top performing items purchased in the market and by customers
- Perform competitive benchmarking (assortment, SKU distribution) in specific product categories
- Identify cost and margin opportunities across SKUs and suppliers (e.g., cost gaps, profit gaps, productivity gaps) and guide Merchants in prioritizing for impact
- Execute "what if" scenarios on proposed assortment changes or share shifts before finalizing assortment decisions, partnering with Inventory, Pricing, Sales & Marketing
- Craft analytical materials to be shared with suppliers during supplier negotiations, category reviews and assortment discussions
- Item lifecycle management:
- Develop criteria for adding new items; Provide oversight for execution of process
- Reporting on new item performance and monthly / quarterly discontinuation review process (ongoing “tail trimming”). Provide project management to ensure execution of process
- BI Development: Development, maintenance and management of standard reporting and analytical tools.
- Work on special projects, ad hoc analysis, and initiatives related to assortment performance and COGS management
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Understands Merchandising business processes and their influence on organizational performance and profitability
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Financial skills, including the ability to gather, analyze and organize complex data, and draw conclusions
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to present to cross-functional leadership
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work cross-functionally and build & maintain effective relationships particularly with Merchant teams
- Ability to work independently and adapt to changing work priorities
- Expert abilities in Microsoft Office Suite software including MS Excel and PowerPoint, and Word.
- Expert knowledge of business intelligence tools and languages required, preferably SQL, R, Power BI, OLAP, Power Pivot, Hyperion
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Finance, Mathematics, or related quantitative discipline.
- 5 – 7 years of applicable work experience.
- Financial or Merchandising analysis experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of managing a team preferred.
Experience presenting to groups and senior management
Bachelors or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted: January 14, 2021