Capstone Logistics Warehouse Operations Manager in Danville, Illinois
Site Manager -- 2nd Shift
Capstone is a leading North American supply chain solutions partner with more than 500 operating locations, 14,500 associates, and 60,000 carriers. We have capabilities in freight management, warehouse and distribution center support, last mile delivery, supply chain analytics and optimization, and more. We are uniquely positioned to help our customers reduce warehousing and transportation costs.
We are looking for a Warehouse Site Manager to join our team and be part of something great. We have an outstanding career opportunity for a driven, successful leader with at least 3 years of increasing management responsibility in the distribution/transportation fields. Capstone is THE preferred partner for many major Retailers, Grocers, and Specialty Companies. With even more growth expected this year, we are looking for top talent that is interest in career opportunities to grow with us!
SCHEDULE: Monday -- Friday, 4:00pm start-time
The Warehouse Operations Manager (Site Manager) is the face of the site to our Partners, Associates, and the Capstone Leadership team. In this role you are the one making the tough decisions and ensuring the success of the site. In collaboration with your Director, you will make financial decisions in every facet of the business and will manage a workforce that may range from 20 to over 100 people across multiple shifts. The next steps for a Site manager may be to join the travel team, move to a larger site, or be promoted into a multi-site Director role.
- Negotiation of rates with common carrier representatives
- Running site with safety and efficiency as priorities
- Writing and balancing daily bank deposits
- Creation of daily work logs and transmission of same to corporate
- Audit of daily labor and billing reports
- Ensure customer needs are met on a daily basis.
- Document and resolve any customer service or associate issues daily.
- Ensure all associates follow policies and work rules including safety work rules.
- Hold weekly safety meetings and ensure associate participation.
- Assist in managing Site and Departmental budget.
- Scheduling associate shifts based on customer requirements.
- Interview, hire, and train new associates.
- Supervise timely and accurate data entry for all services performed.
- Complete daily closeout, including cash balancing, data upload, and payroll record administration according to policies and standard operating procedures.
- Must be very flexible with shift start times as well as days worked, including weekends and holidays.
- 3 years of management and leadership experience in an industrial setting.
- Ability to train, coach, and mentor warehouse associates.
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks.
- The ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse environment.
- Ability to manage budgets; read and interpret P&L statements; and prepare related management reports.
- Intermediate PC skills with knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent aptitude in estimating rates and adding and subtracting mentally while constantly multi-tasking.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Warehousing, Logistics, Supply Chain or Third-Party experience preferred
- BS/BA Degree or Associates Degree with Equivalent Experience is a plus but no required
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
- Proven track record in supervision of warehouse employees including Hiring, Training, and Termination.
- Proven experience in providing high levels of customer service to internal and external customers.
- College degree is a plus.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The job responsibilities and tasks described herein may be modified and expanded over time.
We will offer the successful candidate:
- Salary commensurate with education, experience and skills
- Quarterly incentive based on operational performance.
- Benefits after 30 days including major medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, and 401
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to quality through diversity. We are a Drug- Free Workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled