SMG Yoga Instructor - Morgan Park Sports Center in Chicago, Illinois
POSITION: Yoga / Fitness Instructor -- P/T Hourly
REPORTS TO: Yoga & Fitness Coordinator
Under direct supervision, the Yoga Instructor provides group fitness instruction, monitors, and educates patrons on fitness and safety, and maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Instructs scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provides adequate and effective fitness skills and lessons
- Instructs patrons on appropriate workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates
- Exercises and identifies different muscle groups
- Prepares appropriate equipment, music, and handouts for each class
- Assists patrons, answers questions, and maintains a positive fitness experience for
- members and class participants
- Keeps management informed of customer and facility needs
- Ensures that safety standards are met, and department and facility policies are
- adhered to
- Implements and regulates the facilities' policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as required
Previous teaching experience in a group setting required.
Able to teach fitness classes related to: Fitness, Boot Camp, Strength Training, Cardio and Interval Training.
- Self-motivated, with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Punctual, reliable, organized and responsible.
- Keeps management informed of customer and facility needs.
- Ensures that safety standards are met, and that department and facility policies are adhered to.
- Performs related duties as required.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must possess current Red Cross CPR certification, Certified Instructor (ACE, AFAA) or equivalent. Additional specialty/certifications preferred. Have working knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology and training principles. Have working knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, technique, and rhythm. Ability to be professional and motivate class participants. Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members.
Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member. This position requires the ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit for long hours and work with various types of fitness equipment. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally must aide or assist participants. The employee must have the endurance to complete the instruction of the assigned fitness program.
Please click on the following link to apply:
Only candidates that apply through our online system will be considered. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact: 312-533-0016.
Recruiter: Tayler E. Cross
1410 S. Museum Campus Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities,
Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled