IBM Worldwide LinuxONE New Client Acquisition Technical Sales Leader in Chicago, Illinois
This individual will be tasked with identifying key decision makers in non-installed base accounts. The LinuxONE New Client Acquisition Tech Leader will have a strong focus on developing pre-sales strategies to accelerate new client acceptance of the LinuxONE / Z Platform. This individual is able to build and lead ad-hoc cross functional teams and establish themselves as the overall lead for sales engagements.
· Be an evangelist for ICp/SSC on IBM Z, and a leader across Systems centers on this topic.
· Engage new and established clients, identifying technical solutions that enable continuous delivery of new business services/application, to address new Client business needs
· Collaborate with IBM Systems Sales and Technical Sales, IBM Z Brand teams, Software and Hardware Development and other global Centers on targeted initiatives and Sales Plays for DevOps that progress sales opportunities
· Consult with clients and lead Innovation, Discovery and Design Workshops using Design Thinking methods, that gather requirements, assess needs and recommend integrated solutions
· Identify and share client uses cases
· Build WW technical sales accelerators and enable clients, IBMers, and BPs to differentiate the platform and the solution.
· Requires travel to work on-site with clients. Assume 25%.
· Self-motivated and ability to work without day to day direction
· Ability to work independently, but collaborate globally
· Intellectual curiosity with a passion for technology
· Creative problem solver
· Client facing, with ability to understand client requirements and comfortable presenting at an executive level
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Strong verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis to help customers make buying decisions.
Ability to work collaboratively with Business Partners, ISV’s, CSI’s and MSP’s
Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems, especially Linux and Open Source technology.
Ability to operate at all levels within a client from IT to LOB to CxO level decision makers
Technical leadership in Z and Linux technology, Open Source technologies, Container technology, Enterprise Architecture
Lead territory strategy in generating and developing business growth opportunities, working collaboratively with Inside Sales Representatives, Customer Engineers, and IBM Business Partners.
Drive business development, and achieve strategic goals by leading customers through the entire sales cycle.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
3-5 years in IT sales.
10 years in management/personnel leadership.
Experience with Core Banking applications, Digital Payment platforms or Digital transformation in the financial services sector,
Blockchain and crypto assets.
Data Center architecture.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.