City Colleges of Chicago Tutor - A&P Biology - Part-time in Chicago, Illinois
BIOLOGY TUTOR - PART-TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
MXC is seeking a qualified part-time Tutor in Anatomy and Physiology to join our team. The Tutor bridges the gap between the college and the needs of the student. This position also helps students make academic progress, while promoting independent learning and self-reliance. City Colleges has transformed the lives of more than one million alumni through education, and we aim to serve as an economic engine for the City of Chicago.
*PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Provides academic assistance to assigned tutees, either in a group or individually.
- Establishes liaison with the instructor and works under the instructor’s direction to assist the student.
- Attends periodic training sessions given by staff members to increase competency in working with students.
- Maintains records on each student who is being tutored, including follow-up and periodic assessment. Schedules tutoring appointments.
- Provides evaluations and other reports as required by staff. Helps students develop positive attitudes toward learning and studying and helps students develop a high level of motivation in academic areas.
- Assists students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas.
- Helps students develop the study skills necessary for academic success.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with the assigned students.
- Assists in designing and implementing class cooperative projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in chemistry or biology
- Must be able to tutor Anatomy and Physiology
- Completion of tutoring certification, preferred
- Experience in teaching, tutoring, or delivering academic support to students at the post-secondary instructional level, strongly preferred
- Experience working in a large, urban community college environment with a diverse cultural and ethnic student body, highly desirable
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse student body
- Must be self-directed and able to complete assignments in a timely manner
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Primary Location: Malcolm X College
Job Posting: Feb 23, 2018, 2:50:59 PM
Req ID: MAL0000989
Employee Type: Part Time
Union Code: 1600PTPROF