VCA Technician Supervisor in Chicago, Illinois
Company Info: VCA Animal Hospitals operates more than 1,000 small animal veterinary hospitals in the U.S., Canada and Japan. The hospitals are staffed by more than 4,500 fully qualified, dedicated and compassionate veterinarians to give pets the very best in medical care, of which over 600 are board certified specialists who are experts in areas such as oncology, cardiology, emergency and critical care, and surgery for animals. VCA Animal Hospitals provides a full range of general practice services to keep pets well and specialized treatments when pets are ill. As part of the Mars Veterinary Health family of brands, VCA is committed to its purpose—A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS®.
If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA Misener-Holley Animal Hospital is a fast-paced, small animal practice located in the Edgewater/Rogers Park neighborhood of Chicago.
VCA Misener-Holley Animal Hospital has opportunities available for experienced Certified Veterinary Technician Supervisor to join our fast-paced, general practice in the Rogers Park neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois. Our specialties include: Preventative Medicine, Internal Medicine, Dermatology, and Surgery.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a professional attitude with their coworkers and encourage professionalism in the work place. They will also be expected to help guide the technical support staff, provide constructive criticism and help employees grow within the hospital. The most important asset, is someone who possess great communication skills that keeps our staff informed. The ideal candidate will primarily be responsible, but not limited to:
Skills & Qualifications
· Certified veterinary technician with a minimum of three years technical experience; prior management skills are a preferred.
· Professional demeanor and appearance, excellent interpersonal skills, and a positive, friendly attitude
· Ability to plan, organize, make decisions and communicate effectively and clearly with fellow team members
· Able to handle multiple tasks at once, and deal with high levels of stress in an environment of changing priorities
· Must be able to work full-time hours; some holiday hours as well
· Strong medical skills.
· Managing call-offs
· Help with the interview process for potential new hires
· Assists in staffing and coverage where needed
· Directing work flow
· Be involved in the implementation of disciplinary action under the guidelines of the Hospital Manager.
· Assists in the educational development of technicians and their skills
· Assists in basic protocol and standard procedure training
· Provide opportunities for staff to gain more firsthand experience
· Mentoring technicians within the department
· Working with department doctors to develop protocols to improve the service
· Ensure that VCA polices, guidelines, and recommendations are implemented by all members of the technical staff.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We’re always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!