Federal Reserve Bank Supervision Analyst - Reporting & Data Analytics - Community Bank Organization in Chicago, Illinois
Supervision Analyst – Reporting and Data Analytics - Community Bank Organization
Supervision and Regulation Department
The Supervision Analyst will provide the Community Bank Organization (CBO) and the Community Bank Centralized Operations and Review (CBCOR) Team with analytical support and reporting products. The position will respond to technical requests from department leadership by compiling and analyzing information stored in Excel tables, DB2 and SQL Server databases, and proprietary data reporting tools used by Supervision and Regulation Department staff. The Analyst will also provide technical expertise in data manipulation and statistical analysis to CBO staff and will collaborate on data analysis projects with analysts in other teams within the Supervision and Regulation function at the Chicago Fed.
· Responds to and researches data and regulatory issues/questions from bankers, examiners, and Board Staff. Follows-up with customers to ensure their issues have been resolved
· Conducts research and development on analytical tools to provide support to examination teams
· Participates in System-level and ad-hoc projects which may include working with staff from other Reserve Banks and the Board of Governors
· Maintains a working knowledge of emerging issues, trends, and ongoing developments in the financial services industry, including current accounting and financial reporting standards
· Collects and organizes financial, technical, statistical, operational, or examination data for report preparation and analysis or for inclusion in formal presentations
· May manipulate data from a variety of sources such as NIC, Bloomberg, Evolve and FDIC databases.
· Interprets information and reviews data in order to make decisions, establish priorities and develop hypotheses to facilitate the understanding of events
Education & Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance or equivalent experience
· 3 to 5 plus years of direct related work experience
Knowledge and Skills
· Expert level with MS Excel with strong VBA, SQL and SAS skills
· Ability to develop programs from the ground up, modify and improve existing programs, as well as leverage an understanding of database structure/management
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – must creatively solve a wide range of problems
· Knowledge of undergraduate- or graduate- level mathematical principles (predominantly statistical analysis related) for programming capabilities
· Skilled with measures of central tendency, regressions, hypothesis testing, etc.
· Ability to read balance sheets and income statements is beneficial, but not necessary
· Knowledge of the fundamentals of general bank supervision and financial analysis preferred
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Independent thinking and responsible decision-making abilities
· Ability to work collaboratively within and across work teams
· Flexibility to manage multiple assignments with competing priorities
· Ability to identify key points from written material and synthesize into short summaries and/or translate into other formats for presentation
· Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents with the intent to become U.S. Citizens
· As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank’s ethics rules which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Title: Supervision Analyst - Reporting & Data Analytics - Community Bank Organization
Requisition ID: 257844