SMG Starbucks Supervisor in Chicago, Illinois
POSITION: Starbuck's Supervisor DEPARTMENT: Restaurants and Concessions REPORTS TO: Starbuck's Manager/Sr. Restaurant and Concessions Manager FLSA STATUS: Hourly-Non-Exempt Hourly Rate: $20.00-$23.00 per hour
SAVOR...Chicago, the leading food service provider located at McCormick Place Convention Center has an immediate opening for a Starbuck's Supervisor. This position is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the Starbuck's brand outlets while also providing additional support for the Restaurant and Concessions department. Must maintain all corporate guidelines and requirements as set forth by each individual brand and concession operations in McCormick Place Convention Center. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Undergo all training required by each individual branded concept (Starbuck's) to manage these units.
- Assist Manager during scheduled shift with running the outlets, opening and closing outlets, assisting barista's during busy times, delegating responsibilities.
- Train new and existing employees to meet expectations of all branded corporate requirements of Starbucks, including developing positive relationships with staff and customers.
- During times of high volume or unusual events, supervisors are expected to remain calm and in charge while also addressing customer issues that arise.
- Maintain all reporting requirements as required by each branded concept.
- Supervise concessions employees in the preparation and service of food and refreshments, as well as clean up requirements.
- Direct storage, preparation, and serving of refreshments by staff at refreshment stand or circulating throughout audience.
- Inventory supplies on hand at end of each day or other designated periods.
- Work within guidelines for food and labor costs.
- Coordination of opening inventory of product for locations.
- Oversee set-up of opening locations
- Inspects food service facilities to ensure equipment and building meet state, local health laws and internal regulations
- Inspects and samples prepared foods to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Prior Starbuck's Barista/Supervisory experience/or same or similar experience with other like brands desired
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in supervisory level position in Food & Beverage or equivalent training experience.
- Certification in Food Service Sanitation/Serv-Safe Certified
- Prior supervisory experience
- Prior experience in a Union environment
- Computer literate (i.e. Word, Excel, Micros)
- Must be flexible, have a sense of urgency, be able to respond quickly and resourcefully to internal and external issues.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled