To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
We are looking to make the Lightning framework among the fastest in the industry, so that we can scale up to Enterprise and Consumer focused applications for a global and mobile audience. To do that requires making enhancements like server side rendering, along with other options around packaging, dynamic component loading, and using machine learning to understand how to preload the most likely components to be used on this and future pages.
You are an amazing developer, for whom performance is your first thought, never an afterthought.
You know one or more, or maybe even all, of the major JS frameworks like React, Vue, Angular, Ember, etc. You are a contributor, or would be if you had the time.
You know mobile as well as you know desktop.
You want to make a difference by bringing new ideas to the fastest software company to reach a $10B run rate.
About Community Cloud:
Community Cloud is an online social platform that enables companies to connect customers, partners, and employees with each other and the data and records they need to get work done. This next-generation portal combines the real-time collaboration of Chatter with the ability to share any file, data, or record anywhere and on any mobile device.
Salesforce.com is the global leader in customer relationship management (CRM) software. We pioneered the shift to cloud computing, and today we’re delivering the next generation of social, mobile and cloud technologies that help companies revolutionize the way they sell, service, market and innovate – and become customer companies. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, one of the top 3 World’s Most Innovative Companies according to Forbes (2020), and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our more human, less corporate, culture is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team, and celebrating success Aloha-style. Ready to find your #dreamjob?
• Contribute major enhancements to the Lightning framework
• Work with Engineering teams within an agile process
• Analyze, understand, and improve Community Cloud’s UI performance on desktop and mobile devices
• Use in-house and open-source tools to measure and visualize site performance
• BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• You love solving problems and making a difference
• 3+ years software development experience, or
• 3+ years of performance analysis and measurement of technically challenging applications
• Firebug, YSlow, Chrome tools, Charles, etc.
• Java, C#, C++ or other OOP language
• Interest in automation and visualization of performance test results is a big plus
• Experience with Ruby/Rails or Python/Django or similar is a big plus
• Working knowledge of operating system design / tuning (e.g. Linux, Windows )
• Ability to analyze / interpret technical data
• Ability to identify / resolve system bottlenecks
• Ability to identify potential limitations in software architectures
• Ability to write clear and concise technical documents
• Troubleshooting and reasoning skills
• Understanding of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization
• Working knowledge of HTTP load generation /measurement software (e.g. JMeter, Fiddler, Chrome Dev Tools)
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. at http://cloud.mail.salesforce.com/accommodations-request-form
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com at http://salesforce.com/ and Salesforce.org at http://salesforce.org/ are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com at http://salesforce.com/ and Salesforce.org at http://salesforce.org/ do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com at http://salesforce.com/ and Salesforce.org at http://salesforce.org/ will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com at http://salesfore.com/ or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” eleven years in a row, and named “Innovator of the Decade” and one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.
- Salesforce.com, Inc Jobs