Deloitte Senior Banking-as-a-Service Solution Lead in Chicago, Illinois
Senior Banking-as-a-Service Solution Lead
As a Sr. Solution Lead, you will be driving work across our design, engagement and engineering teams to deliver leading digital capabilities to our customers. You’ll be intimately involved in design and innovation of our Banking-as-a-Service platform, ensuring we are always innovating and pushing the art of the possible for our clients. You will guide enterprise application architectural design for Cloud Native BaaS offering. Work directly with clients and collaborate with internal teams to serve as the technical architect for new client projects. You’ll serve as a client-facing technical voice, responsible for providing invaluable insight and architectural guidance to engineering teams (and customers). You’ll drive with engineering pods and provide valuable insight as to how the platform can be improved to better serve the market.
What We’re Looking For
• Someone who is both strategic and hands-on – able to set architectural vision and roll-up sleeves and support engineering teams as necessary
• Someone who loves teams and is passionate about building talent and competencies required to scale Cloud Native applications
• Someone with commensurate technical experiences spanning the multiple disciplines of todays modern stack (i.e., Full-Stack Engineering, Cloud Native Architecture, Data Engineering, and DevOps)
• Someone to help expand our available service offerings with as many CNCF supported options as we can
• Somone with a Technical Degree (Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience
• Someone who has worked in or supported clients in Banking; understands the basics of industry solutions and excited about the potential to reimagine and disrupt legacy
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client’s end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
• Experience designing and building cloud native digital solutions from the ground-up
o Experience with deploying Kubernetes beyond the managed service offerings from GCE, AWS, and Azure
o Knowledge of cloud and virtualization-based technologies, including Docker, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMWare, or OpenStack
o Knowledge of Linux, including Ubuntu, RHEL, or CentOS with a focus on web, including Apache or Nginx
o Knowledge of protocols and technologies, including Microservices, SOA, HTTP, SSL/TLS, LDAP, JDBC, SQL, or HTML
• Experience w/ complex integrations in hybrid models with non-cloud technologies and third-party vendor products/services
• In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Containers, Serverless, Machine Learning, complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
• Experience working in a customer-facing role or a role which involved public speaking
• CSP certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect) or other foundational certifications
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center (https://zoomforth.com/s/deloitte/du#home) .
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html)
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte)
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- Deloitte Jobs