Northwestern University Research Technologist 3 in Chicago, Illinois
This position participates in design and execution of research lab projects. The Research Technologist 3 conducts experimental tests and procedures and processes and analyzes data. This role reviews and revises existing research methodologies and may develop new methodologies, mathematical and/or computer models for predicting data. This position may ensure overall lab compliance with all associated rules and regulations.
- Following overall research objectives, independently designs, plans, conducts & troubleshoots experiments.
- Evaluates protocols & data obtained from groups of experiments & recommends changes to processes, procedures & techniques to improve quality & validity of results based upon overall project objective.
- Observes experiments, collects, records, summarizes, analyzes and interprets research data.
- Collates relevant mathematical results.
- Prepares complex tables reflecting relationships of multiple tests.
- Draws scientific conclusions.
- Writes portions of grant applications.
- Co-authors scientific papers.
- Negotiates purchases with vendors.
- Maintains and updates portions of grant budgets.
- Tracks and summarizes lab supply expenses.
- Verifies accuracy of invoices.
- Orders and/or maintains inventory of reagent, mice and/or lab supplies.
- Trains and directs other lab EEs and/or students in research techniques and procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a scientific major or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience and 3 years' lab/bench or other relevant experience required; OR Successful completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a master's or higher degree in a scientific major or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience and 1 year lab/bench or other relevant experience.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Job ID: 33302
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Title: Research Technologist 3