Northwestern University Research Data Analyst Associate in Chicago, Illinois
*Job Summary * Utilizes multiple quantitative and qualitative datasets from a variety of sources and interprets results using various techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining. Assists in the design, development and implementation of business solutions partnering with clients to identify analytical requirements. Compiles reports, charts, and tables based on established statistical methods.
The mission of the Center for Health Information Partnerships (CHiP) is to bring people, communities, and data together to enable everyone to live their healthiest lives. Utilizing new ways of thinking, innovative methods, and interdisciplinary partnerships, we aggregate and analyze health information across institutions and disciplines to positively affect individual and population health. CHiP has a vision for “information-driven health for all.”
- Partners with clients to define requirements based on business objectives.
- Designs and prepares documentation for qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Completes a variety of statistical analyses using appropriate data and software
- Merges data from multiple sources in preparation for analysis.
- Interprets results of analyses for use in reports and presentations.
- Completes data cleaning and organizes data files for analysis.
- Reviews data and Identifies quality issues
Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook)
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Use-case analysis
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Organizational skills
Minimum Competencies: (Education and experience)
- Excellent communications skills
- Microsoft Office
- SQL/MySQL/Postgres – must be able to pass the EDW PowerUser test
- SAS, R or Stata (SAS preferred)
- Performs basic descriptive analyses (frequencies, cross-tabs, means, standard deviation, medians, etc.)
- Creates basic graphs (e.g., in Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Assists faculty members as they write reports for presentation and publication
- Demonstrates excellent ability to troubleshoot problems
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Experience working with the NM EDW or other similarly complex data repositories.
- Previous work or volunteer experience in a health care setting.
- Previous work or volunteer or student experience in a health care data analysis setting.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Geographic information systems experience
- Strong SAS skillsAbility or willingness to learn how to prepare abstracts, to write sections of manuscripts, and/or to present results at scientific meetings
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Job ID: 34921
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Title: Research Data Analyst Associate