BCD Travel Recruiting Coordinator in Chicago, Illinois
Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.
The Recruiting Coordinator role will be responsible for all new hire onboarding and employee engagement initiatives. Additionally, this role will provide support for recruiting and staffing support, CSR initiatives, training and development along with HR project support.
Job Specific Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates job posting process, ensuring appropriate approvals.
- Designs and places job ads in various area publications, external (newspaper, Internet, and etcetera) and internal and ensure the cost effectiveness of the ads.
- Ensures job descriptions are accurate prior to advertising.
- Screens various resumes and routes qualified candidates to hiring managers for consideration. May conduct initial phone screens and interview scheduling when applicable. Conduct reference checks when needed.
- Oversees and maintains recruiting file system for resumes and applications.
- Acts as the liaison between managers and applicants.
- Screens various resumes and performs initial interviews.
- Will have the opportunity to support other administrative duties with the HR team.
- Manages multiple Human Resources related projects as needed.
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requeste
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
Capability of problem solving - Anticipating, initiating and resolving issues.
Capability of working in a team environment supporting management and staff, following policies, providing feedback, assisting in special projects, and taking on additional responsibility.
Capability of maintaining a favorable company image when interfacing with outside sources.
Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment.
- Ability to demonstrate personal and organizational integrity.
- Competency to maintain positive candidate, co-worker, and vendor relationships--establishing, developing, and maintaining trust and loyalty over time and through changes.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proven pursuit of learning and self-development, specifically in human resources.
- Organizational and time management skills that result in high productivity.
- Professional manner, appearance, and telephone skills.
- College Degree required with a focus in Human Resources degree preferred
- Minimum of one to two (1-2) years of experience in HR/Recruiting
- Experience using human resources information systems required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled