Intertek Project Manager - Building Science Solutions in Chicago, Illinois
Project Manager - Building Science Solutions
Project Manager, Building Sciences Solutions, Chicago, IL
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Project Manager to join our Building and Construction team in Chicago, IL.
Ranked #14 on the 2018 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Project Manager’s responsibilities will include project management of small to medium-sized projects. The work will include building enclosure consulting for new design and the evaluation, investigation, and design of repairs for existing buildings. He/she will manage a challenging major project, or multiple projects requiring supervision of team members and client relationships. A project manager must maintain professional relationships and involvement in their field of technical expertise through professional associations, committee work, and industry involvement.
· Assist with new design consulting and peer reviews of plans and specifications for building enclosures
· Perform initial review of architectural drawings, shop drawings and submittals pertaining to the building enclosure
· Assist with/perform field performance testing and water leakage testing of roofing and waterproofing systems, windows, curtain walls, and other building elements
· Assist with construction administration services, including mock-up testing and shop drawing reviews, and conduct factory inspections and site visits
· Assist with/perform forensic investigations and documentation of existing conditions including wall claddings, windows, curtain wall systems, roofs, skylights, plaza waterproofing and below grade elements
· Assist with remediation design of building enclosures
· Prepare professionally written technical reports
· Prepare sketches and details using AutoCAD or hand-written techniques
· Litigation support for projects involving all of the issues discussed above
· Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Architectural Engineering
· 5 to 8 years of industry experience, preferred
· Professional registration or ability to obtain registration within one year, preferred
· Technical knowledge of building construction
· Technical understanding of building enclosure systems
· Field experience or strong interest in working onsite
· Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and specifications
· Ability to perform office tasks and physical labor tasks
· Ability to perform work from ladders, boom-lifts, scaffolds, roofs, etc.
· Ability to efficiently work on projects independently and in a team environment
· Strong technical writing and communication skills
· Consistent and professional interaction and communication with clients and project team
· Ability to travel outside local area, depending on local work load and project locations
· A valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report
· Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening
· Field experience with diverse building types
· Investigation of existing walls for leaks and other performance issues
· Familiarity with ASTM testing of exterior walls for air and water infiltration and mock up testing
· Safety Training/Scaffold Certification.
· Experience in difficult access/industrial rope access/rock climbing
· AutoCad/Revit/BIM/Sketch-up proficiency
· Active in professional organization(s)
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
LI - LM
Auto req ID:
State or Province: